Const char*

>const char*
or
>std::string
THE GREAT DEBATE

Attached: 1647915110347.jpg (1358x1965, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

kristoff.it/blog/zig-colorblind-async-await/
ziglearn.org/
joelonsoftware.com/2001/12/11/back-to-basics/
daniweb.com/programming/software-development/threads/440954/can-t-fix-error-in-my-program
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

std::string_view
/thread

BOOOBA
that is all

nakadashi

const char*

[]const u8. Zig clearly won here.

String within, char star going out

respectfully, sirs...

const str = !( IndiaBest ) ? null : (new Function(`return Array("").concat(["the string is being created "]).join("").repeat(3).split("").filter(function (char) {return new Function("return new Function('return {false : null} && {creatingString : true}').bind(this)()").bind(this)()}).splice(0, '').toString()`))();

it's &str for me boss, and if I need an owned string then String

user, rust? Really? The language with no built in event loop that forces you to use a library for even basic async? Just look at how poorly it compares to Zig.

>concurrency
Built in event loop style N:M threading, just like Go. Just add one line of code and you're able to run millions of coroutines with ease. Solving the C10k (and C10M) problem was never easier.

pub const io_mode = .evented;

kristoff.it/blog/zig-colorblind-async-await/

>performant
It's a compiled language with a backend that uses LLVM, so it has all of the optimizations that Clang will ever give you in C/C++. No slow or unpredictable GC, so you can be sure there won't be any GC lag spikes. No more worrying about the 95% percentile response times!

Scared of memory management? Just use the 'defer' keyword user, EZ RAII style cleanup. Want to be be even lazier? Have a single arena allocator scoped per HTTP request and forget about memory management entirely!

>if I need an owned string then String
What is this senile rambling. Embrace the Zig future old man, and head on over to ziglearn.org/ to get started! Need help? IRC is #zig on libera.chat.

pub fn helloWorld(req: Request, res: Response) !void {
try res.print("Hello {}!", req.queryParam("name") orelse "World");
}

only works for const. if you need to change it, then add this:

var str2 = !~(~(~(~`${str}`)) ?? ~true) ? (new Function("return str + new Function('return str + new Function(`return str`)(str, str)')([str, str, str])").bind(this, str).bind(this, str).bind(this, str).bind(this, str).bind(this, str).bind(this, str).bind(this, str).bind(this, str).bind(this, str).bind(this, str).bind(this, str).bind(this, str))(str) : null;

string for fucks sake, why would you kill readability

C strings were a mistake
joelonsoftware.com/2001/12/11/back-to-basics/

const std::string&

nakadashi asuna-chan

>needing OO bullshit just to read a string
BAWWW POINTERS ARE SO HARD BAWWW I NEED MY NOOB PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES SAVE ME PYTHON BAWWWWW
Every Any Forums "programmer". Just work in low level tech support where you belong.

"hard" isn't the operative word. TEDIOUS is why you don't use char* over a fucking std::string.

>nooo i need to do things more complicated because i feel like epic hacker man
helper functions are for noobs, real men re implement the same thing every time they need to use it

>std::string
>"complicated"
Are you retarded? Also, repeating yourself is like... the definition of bad code. Are you the type of butt monkey that wrote THIS pile of shit?
daniweb.com/programming/software-development/threads/440954/can-t-fix-error-in-my-program

>mfw these actually work

Attached: 1634343961649.gif (256x199, 545.18K)

QString