I took apart an amp for fun and when I picked up the circuit board it shocked the SHIT out of me...

I took apart an amp for fun and when I picked up the circuit board it shocked the SHIT out of me. What the fuck happened? There was no power going to it. I dropped it on the ground and I'm afraid to pick it up.

Attached: 20220323_212557~2.jpg (2563x2910, 1.43M)

those caps were not discharged.

>capacitors
/thread

capacitors hold charge you fucking idiot

It's the static from the carpet, are you wearing socks, and are you not wearing any anti-shocking bracelets or necklaces?

>touching charged caps without a grounding hat

how about wearing rubber gloves when touching capacitors?

It said on the case that people who don't know what they are getting themselves into should NOT open it, maybe even using words like DANGER or SHOCK HAZARD.
Why did you ignore it?

I thought that only applied if it was plugged in.

Is it safe to pick up now?

fake and gay

Those black cylinders are capacitors. They can hold electric charge for some time even after the amp has been unplugged from the wall.

Capacitors are basically batteries and they hold a charge. Same reason you aren't supposed to take apart a microwave, except that can kill you.

and the "silica gel - DO NOT EAT" warning only applies before the five second rule, right?

you're a fucking idiot

It's all good, pick it up

>bait thread

Attached: 1644011368426.jpg (400x400, 25.81K)

What is that? 4 2200uf 80v caps? Yeah that's not gonna feel nice

>user learn what capacitors do
kek maybe after unplugging you discharge whatever you want to work on first before opening

Bull fucking shit. There aren't any large line voltage caps on that board.

Brainlet.