Updates on different OSes

I use all 3 major operating systems and it seems to me that somehow updates are a field where all the major players completely fuck up.
>update Windows
>it boots into the update screen, updates for several hours
>cannot do anything while it's updating
>update macOS
>downloads some shit then boots into the update screen
>keeps updating something for an hour
>cannot do anything while it's updating
>update GNU/Linux
>it updates in the background in less than a minute, only need to reboot afterwards to restart processes
I don't understand how the fuck have both macOS and Windows fucked up updates this bad. Why can't the update just run in the background and prompt for a quick reboot later? What is their argument?

Attached: tachibana14.png (497x720, 486.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/g/thread/84474692
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Inferior code and retarded users who don't know how to restart.

OS X updates used to be really quick and often less than 100 MB. It wasn't until we were well into iOSification that they decided to backport the shitty iPhone update process to Macs.

Here's a fun fact. Your Mac takes forever to update because it has to decompress an encrypted disk image that contains encrypted PKGs with, again, encrypted contents, and it has to verify signatures for the entire process. Moreover, Apple would rather create a single 10 GB update rather than tailor updates depending on the model you have, so you have extra overhead in verifying compressed firmware and drivers that ultimately never target your device.

I don't know why Windows updates are equally slow and inefficient since I don't think Microsoft does any of this stuff, however.

t. Mac and FreeBSD user, and had to boot up a Windows 10 VM recently to figure out how to make something work in WSL for a friend who refuses to stop using Windows for development

Attached: BA036FA2-7FCD-46BE-A381-683BE9CD6591.png (2688x1870, 1.2M)

I hate all types of shills.

>it has to decompress an encrypted disk image that contains encrypted PKGs with, again, encrypted contents
kek

their argument: less control for the user, to the absolute minimum.
Also, nice fabiniku

Testing the grounds of what they can get away with, until they cease operations, or becomes unprofitable

>>it boots into the update screen, updates for several hours
really?

Attached: 1TB MX500.png (2560x1440, 2.59M)

while 5% of linux praise on this board makes some sense
95% of linux felating on this board is from extreme poorfags who live in literal abject poverty and a $20 SSD is 20% of their yearly income
you will hear these literal 3rd worlders whine about windows updates taking hours or some shit on their antique 1990's shitboxes running spinning rust drives whereas anyone with any SSD will have never had a windows update take more than 30 seconds or 3 minutes for cumulative update packs
once you realize this, it puts into perspective any sort of advice or opinion you receive from the NEETs on this board, and that the best course of action is always to just completely and totally ignore their posts and not even acknowledge their existence
desuarchive.org/g/thread/84474692

Attached: 1617312203204.jpg (714x621, 226.88K)

Should I watch Fantasy Bishoujo, as a straight man?

In Linux you have this bullshit where Firefox does not let you open more tabs because it has upgraded behind your back

>update Windows
No it doesn't. At least on modern hardware.
At least I've never had that happen, and I have mediocre hardware at best

Yes! Hate it so much
Bitch im in a zoom call no i wont restart my browser

fuck off jay, 99% of windows users dont pay for it and you know it
also the price of software doesnt affect its quality

???

last time I updated windows it bootlooped for several hours on my 2018 laptop with an SSD
nice cope microshills, you will never be a functioning OS

>tranny thread
didn't read

anime site

imagine if your best friend is your waifu

it's an anime about a straight couple

>here's your weekly update bro

Attached: 1623911520272.png (1560x876, 408.55K)