I got one. Is it a meme? Will it even be usable without micro g? Is micro g even protecting much privacy?

I got one. Is it a meme? Will it even be usable without micro g? Is micro g even protecting much privacy?

Attached: Piaxel4a_CalyXOS_1024x1024.png (1024x949, 82.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/402744187573?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item5dc56c9ab5:g:QjIAAOSwg0FgSxcj&amdata=enc:AQAGAAAA4Of0zqga/lhI0kx0/mZ2fQM5iXVLOgemVsck93iazjCwk5UbVELoxcTPIwhRcJSB29okgbeSW5SRtQ7m91PZ1IxIHk05CV9PvEMwTd9+AHd/dq3gfUoIJQ4poaaM5nHmZGnv10xRwvLmam6jNKuwUxcq31IF0EBBqM8WzPuzbv7/c570InArSuNqnRCYrXAJvKe7DHeJ1S9AtH9UzbzJPjBm2KX+JchM9WWugWZbdSlWocHvc3fxPP3C1des1O8Au/58FmZj6H/x3P8DAA8OzhkTWyztINndGTA0NKablkX4|tkp:BFBM2pGukvdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Idk

nmp

I haven't used any kind of google services for years and the only thing I have noticed is some poorly written apps can't do notifications if they aren't running in the background because they rely on some google hack.

Which apps do you use day to day?

Which ones are your favorites?

Newpipe, kurobachan, librera e-reader, vlc, literally nothing else. I do have a separate phone for my banking apps because it seemed like a good security measure to download direct from play store just for those. That phone is off 90% of the time and inside a faraday cage

>That phone is off 90% of the time and inside a faraday cage
based. Do the same as you just without the faraday cage.

How did you build one?

Lmao, what r u even doing on /g?
Do you want confirmation?
Ok sweaty, it's the best phone and you are qt and handsome

Tell me you're joking or baiting please please

They sell little zippered faraday bags and stuff lined with silver fabric now. I tested it with calls and RF meters and everything. The ones that try to just shield the back with a little panel on a phone case or a pocket protector to block waves going toward your body are all bullshit, but if they're advertised as completely enclosed they're usually legit.

>They sell little zippered faraday bags and stuff lined with silver fabric now. I tested it with calls and RF meters and everything
got a link mate?

Sure
ebay.com/itm/402744187573?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item5dc56c9ab5:g:QjIAAOSwg0FgSxcj&amdata=enc:AQAGAAAA4Of0zqga/lhI0kx0/mZ2fQM5iXVLOgemVsck93iazjCwk5UbVELoxcTPIwhRcJSB29okgbeSW5SRtQ7m91PZ1IxIHk05CV9PvEMwTd9+AHd/dq3gfUoIJQ4poaaM5nHmZGnv10xRwvLmam6jNKuwUxcq31IF0EBBqM8WzPuzbv7/c570InArSuNqnRCYrXAJvKe7DHeJ1S9AtH9UzbzJPjBm2KX+JchM9WWugWZbdSlWocHvc3fxPP3C1des1O8Au/58FmZj6H/x3P8DAA8OzhkTWyztINndGTA0NKablkX4|tkp:BFBM2pGukvdf

Install ClearURLs

thanks mate

dude no one wants the $25 you have in your Wells Fargo account, chill tf out lmao

I think I'm gonna install ubuntu on my nexus 5 anyone tried that?

Signal and telegram both have their own notification framework so they work fine.

Apart from that I just use the same apps as anyone.

>?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item5dc56c9ab5:g:QjIAAOSwg0FgSxcj&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAAA4Of0zqga%2FlhI0kx0%2FmZ2fQM5iXVLOgemVsck93iazjCwk5UbVELoxcTPIwhRcJSB29okgbeSW5SRtQ7m91PZ1IxIHk05CV9PvEMwTd9%2BAHd%2Fdq3gfUoIJQ4poaaM5nHmZGnv10xRwvLmam6jNKuwUxcq31IF0EBBqM8WzPuzbv7%2Fc570InArSuNqnRCYrXAJvKe7DHeJ1S9AtH9UzbzJPjBm2KX%2BJchM9WWugWZbdSlWocHvc3fxPP3C1des1O8Au%2F58FmZj6H%2Fx3P8DAA8OzhkTWyztINndGTA0NKablkX4%7Ctkp%3ABFBM2pGukvdf

>t-thanks mate

What's the point of using Calyx on the pixel? Why is this shilled over so hard over GrapheneOS? I noticed a lot a FUD and other bullshit about GrapheneOS developer being "toxic" for refusing sjw bullshit in got pull requests.

GrapheneOS has a totally sandboxed GSF (Google Services Framework) as well as the new "Apps" updater to keep everything up-to-date. Again, if you want an actual "privacy" android OS just stick with the more seasoned and feature packed project. CalyxOS is just some ROM on top of stock android. GrapheneOS is an entire OS reflash.

Because the removal of basic telemetry and the use of MicroG is more than enough for most people. Only schizo privacy fags that think they are the center of every government watch list use GrapheneOS.

I was wondering about getting more information about their distinctions. Please elaborate. I don't necessarily care about toxicity. My thinking was "if no one likes them I imagine it'll be harder to keep talent to keep the project alive". That and I saw performance differences between them. Calyx seemed like the same thing but with a larger pool of talent so it made sense. What makes a sandboxed GSF an especially secure feature? I'm a laymen with this stuff just barely learning here. Plus I figured I could just flash the pixel later since it's the main phone people work with anyway so there's not really much at stake starting with calyx