GNU/Linux distros that matter

> Debian
> OpenSUSE
> Gentoo
> Slackware (perhaps)
> Arch
> Guix (in 2043)
Any other?

Derivative distros don't matter. If a derivative distro ceased to exist people will just distrohop to another similar distro.
If Debian for example ceased to exist, A LOT would be lost because Debian is a lot more than just a distro. Same could be said about Arch, Gentoo and the other ones.

Image taken from a desktop thread (i think)

Attached: 1643854321353.png (1280x800, 1.36M)

neodizinha patinho faminto linux is one of the most important distros

Only the independent distros matter, and theres quite a few of them, definently more than you listed. The only derivative distro that i can commend is linux mint (debian edition) as a "just works" and "new to linux" distro

NixOS and redhat shit I guess. I'd also add ubuntu because even though it's a derivative it still has the biggest presence out of all of them.

Fedora, as CentOS and RHEL rely on it.

>debian
nope. litterally cancel culture distro.

Attached: 1644137435929.gif (450x500, 1.41M)

You think debian has gotten too big and popular? problem is theres a lot of devlopment in linux because of debian. If only there was a way to rid it of that mental ilness while not having it fall apart completly, but seeing the way its headed it might fall apart anyway.

asahi linux
void
i want to say parabola because of being rolling release and being 100% free/libre software (guix is only the later afaik), but it's based on arch
>worrying more about politics revolving around a particular software instead of it's technicalities

>wokefags

Attached: whythough.png (156x128, 24.51K)

KISS Linux

what would it take for another distro to reach these heights? is there even a point in having more distros or should the community be trying to unify into the smallest set of standards possible?

>worrying more about politics revolving around a particular software instead of it's technicalities
Litterally what Debian's team does.

KISS Linux is very promising,
>posix shell package manager
>very easy to make packages for, even to git versions
>bus factor 0 with little effort
only issue is
>fsf approval

What about Ubuntu?
> The most popular
> The entry point of almost all people using Linux today

doesn't that you have to do it too. it never affected the software anyway

>>Arch

Attached: a.png (650x650, 11.14K)

yeah but it's also garbage

Ubuntu and RHEL are the only relevant ones
Nobody gives a shit about "derivative distro" they care about support.

>he thinks debian and arch are meaningfully different
every distro with systemd performs identically to the last, the only difference is the package manager. you could swap apt out for pacman and nothing would change except your aliases

I would say Linux From Scratch matters as an educational tool. You can learn quite a lot from a single build and there's plenty of resources to do so.

Slackware is the last major GNU/Linux DISTRIBUTION. As in, the full OS is actually distributed on the installer.