Seriously are there any good tutorials?

Attached: Source_engine_logo.svg.png (1200x368, 35.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SDK_Docs
gamebanana.com/tuts/games/35
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There are much better engine choices than Source out there for you, unless you want to make a multiplayer FPS

Depends on what you're trying to do with the engine?

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SDK_Docs

Firstly i want to create mods for HL2.

Some time in the future i want to create an own small game. The reason why i want to use this engine is because i really like it's physiks and the overall style of those 2000 era videogames

>the overall style of those 2000 era videogames
you could do that in any engine, it all depends on the assets you use
in fact if you used source and models/texture you made up yourself, it's very probable you won't end up with the "style" you want

Don't

idk, either try or FPS banana tutorial
gamebanana.com/tuts/games/35

>NOOOOOO YOU HAVE TO USE THE HECKIN' UNITYRIINOOOS OR THE UNREAL ENGINE LOOK HOW GOOD THIS OCARINA OF TIME LOOKS IN UNREAL ENGINE!!! WHAT THE FUCK HOW COULD YOU WANT ANYTHING ELSE WHEN THIS DOES EVERYTHING YOU NEEEEEEEEED NOOOO STOP THINKING ABOUT FOUNDATIONS AND OPTIMIZATIONS AND SOUL! USE UNREAL SO YOU GET TO RELEASE IT ON THE EPIC STORE AND ITCH.IO FOR FREE!!!!
no fuck off you stupid shithead
god I hate you

Who are you quoting faggot? You can't seem to understand that there is nothing inherently special about "source engine" to give it "that look", it's all about the 3d models, the textures and the scene composition
Source has the most basic default vertex lit shader that you could write in 10 seconds if you weren't a braindead retard

I'm not him but I have tried some of those "quake-like" movement scripts in Unity and they are nothing like real source engine imo

source is a fucking awful engine to work on for the love of god stay away from it

If you are not able to replicate a specific game's movement/physics then you don't understand how they work.
If your goal is only to replicate them perfectly, then sure use a specific engine for that specific need. But if want to make something more complex you won't be able to do that because you don't have the basics covered.
Same shit for graphics, if you can't write a simple phong shader yourself, don't expect to do anything remotely different from what the engine provides by default, whether it is unity or source or whatever

If you are into diving into spaghetti then go for it
This guy gets it.
If you really want to get that Half-Life feeling I recommend picking up GoldSrc. Much less hassle than Sauce.

Attached: 1635888970342.jpg (678x532, 78.02K)

>Who are you quoting faggot?
You, obviously. That's how these quotes are used. Are you new?
>there is nothing inherently special about "source engine"
Wow, very new.
>Source has the most basic default vertex lit shader that you could write in 10 seconds if you weren't a braindead retard
Yes, and? There's more to game feel than just graphics.
That being said,
>DUDE JUST MAX OUT YOUR GPU TO GET 70FPS TRYING TO MAKE UNREAL LOOK LIKE THE OLD PS1 GAMES!! ITCH.IO WILL LOVE IT!! YOU DON'T ACTUALLY NEED TO MAKE A 20x SMALLER FILESIZE GAME THAT RUNS SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER ON A PLATFORM SIGNIFICANTLY MORE PEOPLE ALREADY USE!!!
I'm sorry you apparently hit your head so fucking hard but people are allowed to do things in a smarter fashion than you if they want to and they don't need you freaking out and whinging and complaining every time they contemplate doing so.
Not OP by the way.

>people are allowed to do things in a smarter fashion than you if they want to and they don't need you freaking out and whinging and complaining every time they contemplate doing so.
You sound retarded, I'm not advocating for using unreal or whatever you're going apeshit about,
The smart thing to do would be to make your own renderer from scratch, but you sound like a faggot that enjoys reading obscure docs and watching youtube tutorials on how to overcome the many limitations of an engine like source, just to get "that look". Which again like I said you could easily replicate, if you know what you're doing obviously

If he wants to use source just let him jeez, source is comfy and actually comprehendable compared to ue4

quoting specific parts of a post and replying it line by line instead of doing just one continuous response is the most redditor thing you could possibly do

>if I c-c-call them reddit, they w-won't suspect a thing!
stop projecting

Attached: 1647548270081.jpg (1061x888, 171.83K)

lol good fucking luck.
There's a reason it takes fucking years for shit to come out for that garbage engine.
Even Valve hate it and they made the aidsfest.
I wish you all the best.

Source 2013 is shit and newer engine versions are handed out by Valve to tranny devs exclusively.
There are no good ways to get on the newer engine branches. Alien swarm is a meme.
Your games will not work on the latest OSes in a couple of years' time. Valve does not update Source 2013.

Attached: 1647785227389.gif (500x500, 1.25M)

Really someone that's asking for source tutorials doesn't know how it's movement works?

Attached: 1618837115090.png (649x763, 505.59K)