I dont go online from windows anymore

i dont go online from windows anymore

Attached: 1630613338828.png (447x410, 123.83K)

Based privacy chad.

why

i can't go online from windows because i don't own anything that runs it

The only time i use windows is when i open or close them depending the wheather.

that is probably a good idea

?

what did he mean by this?

Just switched back to Windows after 2 years of falling for the Linux meme. There is literally no reason to use Linux over Windows, if you want to learn you can easily install virtual box and boot whatever distro you want through an ISO, but it doesn't hold a candle to Windows when it comes to personal use.

Installing any software that's not handcrafted for Linux on a Linux PC turns into hours long ordeal of you copy pasting a hundred arcane commands or installing esoteric packages from some forgotten corner of the internet in desperate hope that it somehow works, which it seldom does. So now you have to scour the internet for random tutorial websites which each have 10 different """easy""" ways of installing the software, and guess what, when you do follow it, turns out there's been version changes or updates or whatever since the article was written that throws you an error you were not supposed to get, and now it becomes a recursive cancerous endeavour to solve a million diff errors, on and on it goes till you just fucking give up.

Know what you have to do on Windows? That's right, install a simple exe, click next on the installer, and boom you're done, no ridiculous retard ritual of pasting random commands into the terminal or watching YouTube guides with 300 views to somehow make it work, just a 5 minutes process that encapsulates all the unnecessary bullshit and gets it working for you no questions asked.

There is literally no comparison between the user experience on Windows and Linux, Windows just werks, and sometimes that's all you really need.

Fuck r*ddit "just install it bro you'll learn a lot lol" and fuck Any Forumss "but muh riced desktop and muh privacy and muh borderline pedo anime girl on le ebin command line XDD" do yourself a favour and leave Linux at work where it belongs instead of wiping Windows and jumping balls in on Ubuntu or Fedora or whatever cause a bunch of NEET retards LARPing as autistic command line wizards told you to.

filtered lmao

refute anything I just said you NEET vir/g/in loonux cultist or gtfo

mucho texto

t. zoomers with 5-second-long attention spans

This so much. Linux is supposed to run headless on a server and not on Desktop PC. You can't even copy files without the gui showing you that your 2gb transfer finished in < 1 min and at around 320mb/s (which is a lie). Windows is the default Desktop OS for a reason. Not because it's "private" or "secure" it's got their because it has always just worked. Everything needs at least 5 min of setup on linux before it "just works" (which it stops doing after some update). And the worst part is the cult around it. Just do it yourself bro as if my time is free (like theirs). After you read a book about linux server administration you will get why linux isn't a good desktop os and you will know more about it than those cultists.

Works on my machine

So you don't know how to use linux, and you use case isn't compatible with linux, therefore it is bad?
Want to be a normie that only does stuff in the gui? Go ahead, I don't care. Linux works better for me, I love the package managers, I prefer doing many things in the terminal, I like having control over my system. I can't get that with windows, so I use linux. You don't want to use linux because of not being used to / wanting to learn to use a linux system, fair enough.
But saying that there is no reason to use linux is just stupid. It's free libre software, it doesn't invade your privacy, it is modular, configurable and extensible, package managers are cool and safer, linux desktops are in general safer than windows. Many good reasons, just like there are many good reasons to use windows. You just sound like a whining kid that didn't / couldn't get into linux, and therefore has to cope by saying nobody could ever have any good reason to use it, aka filtered and coping

sure. it works on my headless server as well

>So you don't know how to use linux
never said that, little zoomer.

>"normie"
normalfag detected. go back to instagram.

Install debian/fedora/ubuntu with a graphical installer. As easy / easier setup as windows. Have full GNOME installed. Everything just werks (also your copying example). Install programs with a simple "sudo apt install program".
Wow, so hard

>urns into hours long ordeal of you copy pasting a hundred arcane commands or installing esoteric packages from some forgotten corner of the internet in desperate hope that it somehow works
This screams "I don't know what these commands I am running actually do" aka. not knowing how to use linux (which includes terminal stuff)

>muh normies
>muh package mangers
>muh privacy
>muh security
>muh get into
rest is pure söy also go back
I'm coping files not installing programs you, moron.

>hours long ordeal of you copy pasting a hundred arcane commands or installing esoteric packages from some forgotten corner of the internet

where are you pulling this from, your ass? jesus christ. i'm not even the person who wrong the long post, i simply agree with him and called you a zoomer for not reading the whole text.

Do wincucks have any argument outside of muh software library? Neither you nor seem to ever had to do any troubleshooting on Windows, it's a worse dead end than Linux. More often than not the only fix is "just reinstall it bro," and it got even worse with Windows 10

never had troubleshooting issues on windows except for a printer driver, but it was an easy fix.

Don't pretend like you know every fucking command for every software out there that's primarily designed for windows, it's literally not possible to know what most of those commands do and I'll be fucking damned if I waste more time on drilling down to every flag or option used in the command than simply testing if it actually accomplishes what I set out to do(aka copy paste it and pray to god it works which it never does).

Btw I use Linux for IT work everyday, it's impossible to not encounter Linux if you work on IT and while it's okay for work, it is literally cancer for personal use and I simply can't be bothered to waste my personal time glued to the fucking screen dissecting some random command to get something that should work straight out the box to function when I already spend 8 hours every day doing just that. Fuck you and your "muh troubleshooting" bullshit, this is why people automaticaly assume Linux cultists are NEETs cause nobody that actually works for a living has the patience to "muh troubleshoot" and read random MAN pages for a command that's 99% not even going to solve your issue in the first place, in their fucking personal time.