What the fuck happened to space heaters? and why are parabolic heaters so unpopular despite their effectiveness...

what the fuck happened to space heaters? and why are parabolic heaters so unpopular despite their effectiveness? We have one that heats up our entire living room and kitchen but I needed a new one for the garage and this shit was all I could find. Everything else seems overpriced and innefficient. And I'm not talking about power draw I mean you have to be fucking 1 foot away from the shitty space heaters they try selling these days

Attached: heater.jpg (2500x2500, 1.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V-jmSjy2ArM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because only first world countries solve all problems and first world countries have solved heating with central heating ages ago

I never understood why don't we take spent nuclear fuel from reactors and use it to heat homes?

here you go OP. i recommend watching at 1.5x

youtube.com/watch?v=V-jmSjy2ArM

stop being poor and get central heat in your home

/thread

Why the fuck are you encouraging people to use heaters? You're unironically creating extra entropy for nothing and making the heat death of the universe happen sooner you hecking prick

>what the fuck happened to space heaters?
Intel put them all out of business.

Well on one hand you have global warming and entropy, and on the other you have immediate icy cold death.

No amount of heat we can generate on earth could have any effect on the heat death of the universe

They're unnecessary. Other heating methods are available and far more effective, even the shitty baseboard heaters that are, without exception, always physically beat to shit. Space heaters just waste energy, raise your bills, and become fire hazards because people are stupid and set them on flammable material, with flammable material right in front of them, and/or knock them over.

only poorfags need this

Pretty sure heaters are already 100% efficient in terms of electricity. But what might not be is how they distribute that heat throughout the room

resistance heaters: 1W of heat for 1W of electricity AT BEST
heat pumps: 3W of heat for 1W of electricity
get a heat pump poorfag. the only excuse not to use it is if you live on permafrost. otherwise you can always use the underground ambient temperature for the heat pump.

>100% efficient
Heat pumps can be 400% or higher (considering only the space you actually care about).

Can I dig a deep enough hole in my yard to give me good geothermal heating?

>and innefficient
Come again?
Space heaters are all 100% efficient?
Where the fuck else is all the energy going if they're not efficient?

entropy is based

>creates light
>somehow more efficient than heater that doesn't create light.

not my problem

in theory yes