Explain to me why NFT & Metaverse is a dying trend by pointing out dead-end tech that were abandonned after an intense...

Explain to me why NFT & Metaverse is a dying trend by pointing out dead-end tech that were abandonned after an intense hype phase

Attached: 1638806557088.jpg (1168x1600, 1.5M)

Second Life.

3D

Bitcoin

>Explain to me why NFT & Metaverse is a dying trend by pointing out dead-end tech that were abandonned after an intense hype phase
are on chain smart contracts used for anything other than NFT projects?

theres no market for any of this. its a way for rich people to get richer and avoid taxes but it requires mass adoption for large scale utilization since like in all things in this world the rich needs the public, not the other way around.

Ding dong bing bong

The rich are leeches on the world.

as they've always were, rich part society holds all of the power with none of responsibility, and it is actually better that at any other point in human in history, imagine that

ESL anticapitalist? This won't end well for South America

yeah the cia tends to have a problem with anti capitalist sentiments held by our southern neighbors
RIP

I believe in free market, but after certain amount of wealth where you are becoming one person country there should be regulations to hold you in check. also country should help small businesses to compete with large megacorps, there is no benefit from society standpoint to promote extremely rich few

Ah yes, communism works so well that not trading with the US is an instant deathblow. At least China is self sustainable.

Because Garry's Mod predates the "Metaverse" by many years and allows you to do basically all of that stuff worth doing for way, way cheaper.

At the end of the day, who really cares what some internet database says about "ownership" of a URL to JPEG? It doesn't actually solve any real world problem.

This hour:
GMOD: 29,543 players
VRChat: 17,445 players

How is it that a game from 2006 has more active players than the best that the metaverse has to offer?

MS Windows Home Server edition (obsoleted by the cloud)

Attached: winhomeserver-2.jpg (500x425, 54.4K)

Push was this "technology" that came and went in 15 seconds a few years before you were born.

Attached: Push.jpg (155x185, 21.05K)

lol idiots

>always has been this way
>better this way than before
hmmm. i doubt it.

you don't need a vr headset and can play old source games on dinosaur hardware

Do a quick Google on "gorilla arm."

Processors used to be build onto RAM when "we" believed there was no way passed 8~16GB. Unfortunately we kept down scaling, now we are well over 128GB of ram on a single stick. There are several processors enabled RAMs, prototypes only, all sitting in back rooms of universities. Though, I guess, it did open the door for Controller enabled RAM

Communist ties were literally fake news. Read about Edward Bernays, Sigmund Freud's nephew.

>and it is actually better that at any other point in human in history
Only if you exclude the 40 years from 1945 to 1985.