Making money by developing software independently

Is it still possible to make a living by bootstrapping a software company from scratch? Please give me some hopium Any Forums. I can't stand the wagie life anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1648/03/1648036687247.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Make a hit killer app.
But this involves massive amounts of luck.

Relax, it's just a woman with small tits guys.

why not :(
I forgot to mention that I'm a third worlder, 1k a month would be enough to live.
Also if software dev isn't possible then at least I want a WFH job but I have no degree and very little work experience.

I have an idea for something that would require low level kernel work. But it's a long shot.
Another idea would be to set up some game server for zoomers. MTA seems to have some pay to win servers but idk how much they actually make per month.

Well there we go. Nice job homosexual mods, sorry I didn't uphold MUH BOARD CULTURE by posting a trannie.

what did you post?tits?

find some tech ileterate old man with a company and help him out for a small fee.

Meh I don't want to run IT for boomers helping them with Microsoft products. And they would probably ask me to be on-site.

desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1648/03/1648036687247.png

comapny owner here

first you need the idea and then execution
execution means people
people means good techs (so you wont create an unmaintable crap) and some leads/managers/co-owners
techs = nerds with (almost) no live - can be found
co-owners = almost impossible to find - even long-time best friends can turn into assholes in weeks and you can be asshole to them to - then you realize it's all about people - code is still the code the other day people change over night

do you really need co-owners? for what purpose?

not even naked tits they really are homos

just capital but you dont need that immediately.Starting out alone is the best and once you have something its easier to find other investors and nerds.

you do need and you dont
my idea was i want a business and a buddy i can talk and advance with - basically 2 heads knows more than one - if you are wrong the other will tell you and vice-versa - also the other can help you and it's not the model "if I dont work everything is not moving"

my experiences tells me that you need a manager with all the permissions towards to workers but with respect to owner (you) and with no shares - shares makes them co-owners and they start to be your business partners instead your subordinate employee - this is a huge difference in terms of hierarchy
ofc you can be friends and shit but once it comes to decisions you must be the one who shows the direction where they give you feedback but no opposition or back-stabbing

also it's mostly about you to be open to them and make such managers almost-co-owners so they will actually help you and not just be dumb employees.... on the other side once they are not co-owners you have all the power in cse you need it

hope you get my message - it's not easy to describe it - also everyone can have different opinion

not op, but I'm missing the idea part. I have no idea what kind of desktop app an user would pay for, it seems like everyone goes for random webshit nowadays

Make shitty games for children. Either learn to make apps, or learn some popular existing framework (Roblox games, Minecraft plugins, etc). I have a buddy that has been making 6 figures since high school by making shitty Roblox games.

that quite right
net is full of good software which is not used because some other shiny electron crap app is

I don't mean webtech on desktop apps, more like desktop apps which can work on their own

i was talking about desktop - thats why i did mention electron

Who pays for it? Does he publish his roblox mods in some kind of store?

i never saw a successful electronshit that isn't just a client to a service either

stop thinking about end user shit
theres tons of money to be siphoned off of bloated companies