/wdg/ - Web Development General

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to JavaScript
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - A good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - Quite a good JS tutorial
freecodecamp.org - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, and either Ruby on Rails / SQL, or Node.js / MongoDB
fullstackopen.com/en/ - Requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - Learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource
phptutorial.net - A PHP tutorial

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using the following format in your posts (the scraper will pick it up):
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: node, react, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Previous:

Attached: HTML_source_code_example.svg.png (315x250, 13.21K)

So im gettin out of the military into a transition course, google's it support and python. I did a few years of CS before the mil but haven't been keeping up my coding chops

whats the outlook for me landing a job anytime soon anywhere decent? will they even glance at you with no degree? hoping i can do something in one of the tech giants around my area, i got a few connections to and am pretty well spoken/ not a cuck when it comes to meeting people for business matters. most likely will finish up college but I might try to get a job asap

What's the best Zig web framework?

I have a nodejs book. According to the book the only reason you should be using node is if you have an app that requires constant connection. Or one where you need multiple request all the time. Otherwise its pointless using it.

>will they even glance at you with no degree?
yep, just need a solid github + portfolio, you'll be able to figure it out

>do something in one of the tech giants around my area
you need a few years of experience before you can gain the attention of the big boys, but it's still very achievable

>i got a few connections to and am pretty well spoken/ not a cuck when it comes to meeting people for business matters
brilliant, this goes a long way, it's much more valuable than people are aware of
good social skills are fucking gold in this sperg-infested industry

>most likely will finish up college but I might try to get a job asap
if your degree isn't semi-related to CS, it won't hold much value in the industry

just spend a few hours each day learning as much as you can, and you'll be adequately-skilled before you know it
it's a marathon, not a race
if you have some experience in the military, then surely you're better off than the NEET fags who code for 10 minutes a day, spend 12 hours scrolling Any Forums, then complain when it's been 2 years and they're still unemployed

>whats the outlook for me landing a job anytime soon anywhere decent?
>clearance plus programming
You’ll be fine.

First for rails!

unfortunately ive been 'runnin n gunnin', kinda regret it. but hey im still in my 20s i cant be too late, i hope..

cringe. there is a war going on. go fix the war fag jarhead

Nice I'm not the only Rails dev here. I use it because:
a) It's fucking easy to use
b) I had to learn it for a job
I don't really know any other frameworks to compare it to though. Do you know any other frameworks? And if so how would you compare Rails to them?

Attached: Ruby_On_Rails_Logo.svg.png (1200x453, 24.3K)

this post came in just as fast as the framework

I'd say Django or Spring boot are rather close in spirit. Express is relatively similar too due to JS.

Laravel is the most comparable example if you'd like to expand your skillset and learn PHP.

>i cant be too late, i hope..
not at all brotha, just get the daily habits down and you'll be good before you know it

Thanks for the answers, yeah I'm aware that Django and Laravel are meant to be quite similar. Maybe I should look into them more.

>currently staying at homeless shelter
>70% done with the Odin project
>Just got an offer to go to a 12 week webdev bootcamp ran by a nonprofit
>The entire point of the nonprofit is to help homeless minorities get jobs at big companies so they have a lot of connections
>They might even be able to hand me an internship
>The nonprofit has job developers that write your resume for you and give you mock interviews
>I'd be able to get live teacher feedback and work on group projects
>Everything is free

But there's one major issue: the core curriculum for the bootcamp is w3schools courses. Apparently w3 is really shit (but they've gotten much better in the last 2 years)

Should I go to the bootcamp? The teacher feedback, group projects, and the resume/interview/contact help seems worth it since I'm an autistic sperg with no connections or social skills, but I'm pretty sure I'm not actually going to learn anything from the w3 curriculum. My gut tells me I should just spend 4 weeks finishing Odin to start applying to places, but since I'm an awkward homeless neet with a weak resume, the bootcamp might be better since they can help me get an internship. What do?

Attached: shelter.jpg (500x500, 57.43K)

bros...

Attached: wdsdftsngd.png (961x542, 37.12K)

if the bootcamp is free, do it
the connections will be much more valuable than whatever projects you'll build after finishing TOP

For example, nodejs STATIC SITE are pointless, bloat and frankly- retarded.
Pic related.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-03-23 03-55-17.png (647x884, 154.34K)

whats wrong here

none of that is bloat you buzz-word using fucktard idiot faggot its text on a screen youre reading ebooks kill yourself literal retard goy you got filtered C-CYBER DARWIN-D