Okay, so everyone on Any Forums knows for example that only sȯydevs...

Okay, so everyone on Any Forums knows for example that only sȯydevs, cucks and kike HDD scammers say "GiB" instead of "GB", but how should I call this syntax? The common name is obviously URL. The technically correct terminology is apparently URI, but that name has always sounded sus to me. Can I safely refer to these things as URIs in my code without people thinking I'm a latte swigging dick munching faggot? I want to be technically correct where possible without sounding gay.

Attached: url_syntax.png (1077x126, 10.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

any kind of text = string
easy as

But what if I need to specifically parse this syntax?

char *inetpath;

use regex

Sure, but what do I call the regex that matches that pattern then?

Connection string

Use multiaddr.

URI
universal resource identifier
or something like that

whenever i see someone referring to hyperlinks as URIs, i automatically think that they are dunning kruger retards

I unironically used KiB and Mib yesterday in code comments. I work in embedded to the fact that it's a power of 2 and not 10 is damn important.

>only sȯydevs, cucks and kike HDD scammers say "GiB" instead of "GB"
You're the retard here.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix
HDD and SSD manufacturers also use this appropriately, as in 1 GB = 1000000000 bytes. Look on the label of SSD.
So if you say GB but actually coung GiB, you're just wrong.

*count

Before the HDD kikes came along, everyone understood 1KB to be 1024 bytes. This only became a problem after the kikes once again decided to ruin everything.

Are you really so autistic that you're too stubborn to say GiB instead of GB?

It's a matter of principle. I am not a kike enabler.

Go ahead and knowingly use the wrong prefixes. I'm not stopping you from sounding like a fool.

>NOOO YOU CAN'T JUST USE THE HISTORICALLY CORRECT PREFIXES, YOU NEED TO USE SHLOMO'S APPROVED RABBIBYTES
Post nose.

It's a matter of autism

kys yourself

Someone's trying way too hard to ebin trole

Go to bed, kiddo