Job threads bum me out

Job threads bum me out.
Be me, fresh graduate. First interview I get the job. Excited to actually get something so quickly, don't negotiate and accept 80k salary because I've never had a job where negotiating a salary was a thing.
Come here, see all the threads laughing at anything under 100k.
Feels bad man...... I was excited but now I fill like a piece of shit.
Is everyone just larping and fucking with everyone sub 100k or is this shit not normal?
I don't live big city with a huge cost of living.

Attached: 45b1fb48-bfe8-4be7-9c57-5c7bab098c10.png (512x512, 42.83K)

>Is everyone just larping and fucking with everyone sub 100k or is this shit not normal?
No, 100k is normal out of the gate. Typically you're looking at 150k+ normally for a junior software engineer devops.

i'd be happy with 80k as my first tech job. you need experience before any company will even let you reach 100k as a starting salary

FAGMEN do not apply

pathetic, not even 180k

>only 80k
>college degree

Attached: 9C66E2B3-67AF-4334-AFF8-903675D4B95D.jpg (2544x4000, 381.85K)

>I don't live big city with a huge cost of living.
Then 80k is enough. That's a really good starting salary for juniors, so don't worry you'll get to 150k eventually. Job hop every 1 or 2 years.

It could be worse.
You could be a third worlder without a college degree like I am. I work 6 hours for 500 dollars a month.

this is one of the all time worst cope boards where everyone is super insecure, lies and says they make 100k starting.

This.

OP listen to me, I've surfed on tons of postings. You have to take into consideration Cost of Living (COL), the location of the job, and what company it is.

Only FAGMAN companies get to be $100k plus.

Settle for less, and job swap within 6 months to 1 year

> BUT I HAVE COMPANY LOYALTY

NO, faggot, job swap until you get what you want, but take what you can right now.

Hope this boomer advice helps you, God Speed user!

t. Faggot who is looking to get accepted into a bootcamp, and will grind for jobs this time next year

>not making 300k starting

Attached: 1613130675738.png (750x308, 83.39K)

>Is everyone just larping and fucking with everyone sub 100k
yes. part of it are trolls, part of it are neet retards who believed them and repeat the opinion, but the truth is that if you got 80k as a freshman, you're crazy well-off, unless i'm missing something. which country are you in, and how much do you have after taxes?

100k starting is the average US new grad salary.

Attached: F7BB87DE-DCF3-4527-BF7D-6A6B4C803A2A.gif (438x279, 1.36M)

What does this have to do with technology.

This depends entirely on where you live, OP.
80k in San Francisco area is a bit low, but 80k in any European country is a decent starting salary for a software developer.

>wonder if this is a bait post
>release it makes no difference to people like me
>be Bongfag
Feels bad man.

Attached: 1620347474536.jpg (636x1075, 226.38K)

Idaho, US

>making up a troll boogeyman to cope with a low salary
Are these trolls in the room with us right mow?

I'M NOT CRAZY
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

Bro, my first job out of college was $50k full-stack Javascript dev, I wanted to kill myself every day (didn't do any internships during school so it was basically a postgrad internship but full-time). Two years later and I scored a comfy six-figure position, so if 80k is covering your expenses then quit yer bitchin

>physicists
>earning money

ummmm sweaty psychologists earn way more as (((psychothe)))rapists

ah, no idea about US. in EU, i'm doing ~80k with bonuses in high-tier software dev job as someone with couple years of experience, this is considered extremely well-paid and i can afford all of the good things, but US could be different.

stuff makes me curious now, so if you don't mind, post
>salary after taxes, unless 80k/y is exactly what you get on account
>your rent
>rough take on basic monthly living expenses

I *wish* I could make that much in latin america... currently making 30k/yr after taxes as a pentester, and that's a lot of money in my country.

5k a month after taxes
1k rent