Are speakers a meme unless you're willing to re construct your entire room to be recording studio tier?

are speakers a meme unless you're willing to re construct your entire room to be recording studio tier?

Attached: speakers.jpg (1200x800, 114.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4b2IOOhJmxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

speakers are a meme period

depends on your room dimensions and construction

growing up i bought a 10 inch subwoofer from a swap meet for 15 bucks, cut the bottom of one of those big blue water jugs (a perfect 10 inch hole) and had the coolest barrel/tube sub system

rich people dont get it

youtube.com/watch?v=4b2IOOhJmxw

I only listen to Grimes, her voice sounds angelic on any speaker
only retards worry about acoustics when they already lost the game by picking the wrong music

Ears are a meme. You read everything nowadays. Nobody wants to talk to you.

No, there's a lot of difference between speakers.
But you need a good room in order to get good perfomance.

Having a decent 5.1 setup gives any room a way better listening experience than without. You should not buy cheap ones. Save up about 700-1000 for a 5.1 setup and then you’ll never have to upgrade. Just sit back and enjoy. These were only about 400 bucks. Then another hundred for the subwoofer and like 350+ for the receiver.

Attached: 52913603-CA5E-4572-94E7-957205621797.jpg (4032x3024, 2.78M)

you don't need to invest thousands of $$$ if all you're looking for is listening to stuff / are not a producer. I recently made the jump from my laptop speakers to a proper PC setup with $200 speakers and a $100 subwoofer; the difference is night and day.

Just get klipsch promedia 2.1 and be done with it. Not wireless ones. Wireless audio is witchcraft.

No, just room correct EQ with an UMIK-1 and REW
Sure it won't be as good as a properly treated room but good enough

Or buy Dirac/Sonarworks/etc to automagically room correct if you're a brainlet

Yeah pretty much I got a decent older system which I restored with a 12" car sub its no twin 16" floorstanders like I had but I'm Gonna build custom speaker boxes from car woofers subs and tweeters soon
5.1 and a decent amp for the sub and speakers was the biggest upgrade honestly

Depends on the music. Room is mostly going to affect the bass. Above 100Hz EQ alone can fix 99% of the problems even with the shittiest speaker placement. Below 100Hz is where the fun begins, with full range speakers or one subwoofer if you aren't treating the room you're either going to deal with low efficiency at your listening spot(and it's gonna be loud as fuck in different spots in the room), nulls that can't be fixed with EQ or both. With two subwoofers you could fill those nulls. Speakers with bad off-axis response are also going to be affected by bad rooms more but you should avoid those speakers in general. Off-axis response > resonances > on-axis response.

>are monitors a meme unless you're willing to re construct your entire room to be drawing studio tier?

Attached: og.jpg (1200x630, 117.89K)

Nah, EQ only affects level and not timing
Monitors doesn't interact with the room in the same way

Speakers are not a meme. Best listening experience is still 2 channel audio. You get the visceral impact and weight of the music and holographic experience that headphones can never replicate. Still I listen mostly to headphones as I am in front of a computer most of the time (university student)

>and not timing
Assuming you mean reverberation time I'd rather have it low, as most living rooms do. If you want to play with diffusors then sure whatever.

"Only" thing you can "solve" with a EQ is the in room bass response and the speakers direct response.

Attached: a.jpg (960x640, 415.29K)

Let me guess, you "need" more.

No, modern near field studio monitors are designed to overcome room issues.

A treated room certainly helps and gives the optimal listening experience. That said, you will get way more bang for your buck buying half decent speakers vs treating a room until you get to silly expensive speakers.

Attached: 1608319425785.jpg (634x522, 68.51K)

Don't need more than a solid pair of bookshelf speakers