Redpill me on this

Redpill me on this.

Attached: 1648008200619.png (400x140, 8.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kristoff.it/blog/zig-colorblind-async-await/
ziglearn.org/
kristoff.it/blog/maintain-it-with-zig/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Redpill me on this.
When I discovered Zig it completely blew my mind. It combines the best of everything.

>concurrency
Built in event loop style N:M threading, just like Go. Just add one line of code and you're able to run millions of coroutines with ease. Solving the C10k (and C10M) problem was never easier.

pub const io_mode = .evented;

kristoff.it/blog/zig-colorblind-async-await/

>performant
It's a compiled language with a backend that uses LLVM, so it has all of the optimizations that Clang will ever give you in C/C++. No slow or unpredictable GC, so you can be sure there won't be any GC lag spikes. No more worrying about the 95% percentile response times!

Scared of memory management? Just use the 'defer' keyword user, EZ RAII style cleanup. Want to be be even lazier? Have a single arena allocator scoped per HTTP request and forget about memory management entirely!

>exceptions/errors
This is where Zig really shines. It has all the features of exceptions, but with the low cost/overhead benefits that error handling provides. There's no runtime overhead to errors, but you still get stack traces. To give you a taste:

Embrace the Zig future and head on over to ziglearn.org/ to get started! Need help? IRC is #zig on libera.chat.

pub fn helloWorld(req: Request, res: Response) !void {
try res.print("Hello {}!", req.queryParam("name") orelse "World");
}

How fucking fast are you typing

Kinda interested. What’s the use case? Anything you could do with C?

judging by the ending, it's a paste or a bot

>Anything you could do with C?
Anything you can do, and more because Zig is also a drop in C/C++ compiler. You can directly import C header files into Zig.

const c = @cImport({
@cInclude("stdio.h");
});
pub fn main() void {
c.printf("hello\n");
}

Unlike Rust that requires rewriting the whole project, with Zig you can incrementally add and rewrite parts.
kristoff.it/blog/maintain-it-with-zig/

>Unlike Rust that requires rewriting the whole project
FFI, it's designed around partial ports.

Smells like an ad

You're still rewriting large portions to conform to Rust's borrow checker, even if the original code had no undefined behavior.

Attached: zig_zero.png (512x512, 78.29K)

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 28.87K)

For great justice!

Due to Zig's rising popularity I've seen a lot of interesting arguments, those are just some key take away points.

unsafe {
}

You can't use FFI without it because Rust inherently distrusts foreign code. I'm not sure you actually know anything about porting to Rust.

Does zig have a code if conduct? How many tranny's work for them?

They don't have any trannies. They're all white males. Unfortunately they do have a CoCk, but official GNU projects have one too...

zig cc
*rapes your family*
*and they like it*

easy, you just prepare the post ahead of creating the thread then reply to yourself

btw is probably op. check the number of posters.

>...

Attached: Stubbornly retarded.png (615x598, 81.62K)

Great to see another Maintain-It-With-Zig (tm) happy success story with an ending everybody enjoys! Please do elaborate and send this in to the Zig Software Foundation so they can put it on their website.

It's the language you use when you're coping with the fact that you can't use Jai.

well yeah. duh.
Zig is diet Jai and exists to hold us over, like how linux only exists to hold us over until Hurd is released.

>goes to Jai's website
>"Jai Programming Language – Resources and Information – Updated December 2019"
>goes to wp
>"The Jai compiler is currently in closed beta"
This is bigger vaporware the vlang.