What is the best alternative to a Macbook Air (m1) in terms of battery life and performance?

What is the best alternative to a Macbook Air (m1) in terms of battery life and performance?

I tried one out and being able to close the laptop, then open it hours later and it return to where you were instantly like with a phone, and with the same battery percentage was really cool, and it would take a lot of shitposting to drain the battery at all.

I just really hate Mac OS's UI/UX and want to use XFCE/KDE.

Attached: macbook-air-m1-unboxing.jpg (1280x720, 47.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.stackexchange.com/questions/24063/create-global-shortcut-to-run-command-line-applications#:~:text=To set up the keyboard,the "Add Shortcut" button.
mediatek.com/blog/acer-chromebook-spin-513-powered-by-the-mediatek-kompanio-1380
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

maybe x1 carbon or x1 nano but IDK how fast it wakes with linux

Just poorfag cope like me and turn it off when you're not using it.

Attached: 1644443061135.gif (426x360, 1.73M)

Dell will be releasing their new generation XPS laptops in about a month. They will have Intel 12th gen CPUs that should provide improved battery life. If you go with integrated graphics it would be even better. They are also pretty comparable to MacBooks in terms of size and feel.

My gaming AIO is dying and I'm probably going to be stuck with an M1 Air as my primary computer soon. Kinda dreading it.

my biggest tip for macOS is to
autohide the dock and learn to love mission control

There isn’t. Non-Apple laptops will never reach the efficiency levels of the M1 until they adopt ARM.

Never gotten anywhere close to 12 hours on anything but my M1, which gets 12+ before hitting the 10% mark.

Feels amazing to be able to leave the house with my laptop and not even have to THINK about bringing the charger.

How do you bind commands to keyboard shortcuts? eg. Binding `gvim ~/Notes` to alt+shift+n to quickly open notes?

Mac OS seems to only allow binding application menu item actions to keyboard shortcuts.

Why hasn't anyone else done it? It's a fantastic experience.

apple.stackexchange.com/questions/24063/create-global-shortcut-to-run-command-line-applications#:~:text=To set up the keyboard,the "Add Shortcut" button.

this maybe?

Thanks user

stop falling for the freetard memes and just use macOS

Attached: 1633983283351.png (700x1080, 608.18K)

there's the ARM thinkpad coming out in a couple months. Probably as close as it gets. We're in the same boat. I'm on an xps using xfce and want moar battery and moar aluminum. Also want more open firmware but whatever.

>ARM thinkpad
snapdragon tho
keep an eye out for this, it will probably be able to boot Arch Linux ARM
mediatek.com/blog/acer-chromebook-spin-513-powered-by-the-mediatek-kompanio-1380

not interested in some fablet battery wasting touchscreen nonsense for my workstation either. Guess I'm sticking with XPS unless one of those tuxedo chinkbooks gets rid of the barrel charger and gets corebooted.

Samsung N145+

I'm confused as to what this image is trying to portray please elaborate

No file thumbnails

this

Just GNOMEcuck things, I do not have this problem

Because the other guy is retarded. ARM vs x86 is pretty irrelevant performance-wise compared to how tightly integrated everything on an Apple Silicon Mac is. Apple manufactures fucking everything including the software, a bunch of components other than just cpu and igpu are on the chip, and Apple prioritizes efficiency over raw performance. The faggots on this board claiming that switching from CISC to RISC will magically make everything several times more efficient are monumentally retarded.