Reject GPU. Return to software

Reject GPU. Return to software.

Attached: quake.jpg (750x421, 132.27K)

what's the point, you still need to go through the gpu to display video anyway

>playing online Q2 with software renderer
>draw distance was so shit that the map just disappeared after a certain point but you could still see the players like a wallhack
those were the times

Only the display controller. You could turn off the 3D bits.

Didn't happen on any of the stock maps as ID was aware of the software render's draw distance.

modern CPUs can easily push a shitton of vertices, the only problem is fillrate

>Didn't happen on any of the stock maps
yeah, should've specified "action quake 2"
i remember looking at players floating in the urban series of maps with sniper rifles

Reject software, return to GPU

Attached: geforce-quake2-rtx-gf-og-1200x630.jpg (1200x630, 685.98K)

Eventually we'll have CPUs with enough cores that FPU throughput matches current day high end GPUs, and software rendering still won't ever be used again

what's the difference

Based, I wish more old games got RTX updates. New games suck shit and usually just do raytraced shadows or something you can barely notice. I want GI and reflections.

i can draw this in software
just pre-bake a lightmap

>muh realism
soulless

test

You don't need a GPU for software rendering. Just a video card.

Still seething because of scalpers? Get used to it. You will never buy a gpu again.

this shit still happens in 2022. In any battlefield game you will see players nametags through walls, invisible objects in your way that block your bullets, players and objects disappearing and reappearing. not to mention 64 players giving your CPU a workout.

I've seen better textures and lighting in Skyrim. They should be able to do better than and bunch of sex game perverts.

we all have GPUs these days no need to trash them. Just stop pushing gaytracing and photo realism and the games industry will begin to heal(a bit).

Even now I play with lower settings so I can pawn in multiplayer.

looks like minecraft shit shader