VirtualBox is still limited to 256MB VRAM in 2022

>VirtualBox is still limited to 256MB VRAM in 2022

Attached: pepe-desk.png (638x547, 20.02K)

why not use qemu instead?

But it isn't?

Attached: Capture.png (647x529, 25.35K)

Why are wintoddlers illiterate?

Use QEMU retard

Oh VRAM - sorry I'm drunk.
Why would you need more, anyway?

Buy a second GPU and pass it through KVM.

I guess OP wants to play video games in a VM or something.

VMWare Workstation allows a lot more than that. I currently have 4GB VRAM allocated to my Windows VM.

Because SVGA doesn't need more then 256MB of vram.

Why do people use that instead of WMWare? Is it better, easier more secure?

Adobe CC apps drop the pasta all over the floor if you don't have enough VRAM.

I don't think VRAM is used for anything but the framebuffer on VBox, even if you enable the (limited) 3D accel.
It doesn't require phonehomeware to run and it's FOSS, but otherwise it' s slightly to a lot worse than VMware in all respects.
Set some fake VRAM number in registry or increase VRAM by editing the config directly.
Or just don't be a retard and use qemu.

More accurate, at the cost of performance.

It's slower because it's shit, not because it's more accurate. Most notably, all IO is fucking crippled, you can't push more than 30MB/s through the virutal NIC, which is pathetic. qemu and VMware can do multiple times that without even getting into virtio devices. And disk IO isn't much better.

"Muh freedumbs", the same reason that freetards make excuses for all sorts of terrible software that's far worse than proprietary alternatives.

>qemu and VMware can do multiple times that without even getting into virtio devices
That's because they trade accuracy for performance, user. I don't even know why you're trying to compare the three anyway when they all serve different groups of people. Some people need accuracy when running ancient shit that makes assumptions about hardware, and some people need performance when running not-ancient shit that isn't low-level.

Affinity Suite craws awfully on VirtualBox for me, it feels really unusable, while the performance with VMWare feels close to native.

If you want to do heavy workloads in a VM, you need a type I hypervisor, which VirtualBox isn't

So your choices are either something like Qemu+KVM, Proxmox or VMWare ESX

Why the fuck would you ever run adobe CC apps in a VM? they barely run on a real machine.

Attached: 1647973396811.jpg (807x804, 120.09K)