/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Read the sticky: >Unix/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous:

Attached: snek.gif (960x540, 2.06M)

nakadashi

logitech g502 hero/lightspeed or razer basilisk v2
>dobleclicks
inevitable for gaymen mice, I know how to solder so I'm prepared

is the charger of my laptop the problem when i have to find an angle for the cable where it would work or is the charger port on my laptop the problem?

retard here and didnt go to college because again i am not that smart.
how to make sicp more enjoyable?
Mind you i have fun reading sicp but i am not english speaker and my english comperhension are fucked.
So what ways i can make it enjoyable?
Do i need another book like "Think like Computer Science Python" or read the alternative like "How to Design Program" and "Compose Programming" ?

I didnt know programming could be this fun desu
zenbu zenbu zenbu zenbu zenbu

Yes.

Test the charger on a different laptop or a different charger on the same port. By different I mean known-good.

There is no active /csg/ thread as of writing.

What's a good median price for tablets? I have next to no experience with tablets, so I have no idea how much is "too cheap" or "too expensive" for a tablet. I'm basically price-blind. Like, is $600 actually a reasonable price for a recent model Samsung Galaxy Tab? Is $180 for an Amazon Fire too good to be true, or is it just right?

>how do I learn English
Also, my English improved a lot when I read Alice in Wonderland: well known story and plenty of made up words, so you learn to power thru and derive meaning from context, which definitely kills the translate-to-native-tongue mentality.

Are FLAC Disc rips a meme?
I doubt it's standard for DVDs or BluRays to have a FLAC track.
Even if they did, you would have to be sure that there was never any lossy compression applied from ANY stage of recording, editing, mixing, or mastering.
So what you really get with FLAC is a losslessly encoded recording of audio that already has imperceptible compression artifacts, isn't it?

invidious.privacy dot gd/ or tube.cadence dot moe? Or a better alternative if you know one

Attached: dumb patrick.jpg (266x394, 12.26K)

>No /csg/
Are all these long rolls of chink LED strips on Amazon basically the same? I don't want smartshit but IR remote controls are cool.

Attached: file.png (1197x1128, 1.31M)

Is there any way to download age-restricted YouTube videos?

# testing something
## markdown

`code here`

[youtube](www.youtube.com)

> quote
>> quote 2

tube cadence downloads the videos from youtube, the invidious instance does that as well per default but you can change it to proxy the videos in the settings

RTFM
you need to provide a login cookie

I haven't found any decent and recent guides to downloading these kinds of videos.

I just set up a second monitor, and I have a problem where when I close a full screen on one monitor, both will flash black when closing it

Is there a fix to this? Even when I had one monitor, it would flash black when exiting full screen games or alt-tabbing, turning off HDR worked for a few days until it came back

sounds like you need to use someone's account now, but youtube doesn't ask for the password each time so you can fake being logged in already

How do I transfer files from my Ubuntu laptop to my iPhone?

When you get a FLAC rip of a disk it means you losslessly compress all the data that was on the disc, It is seen as equivalent to having the disc

Such as keeping the 50GB RAW Video data of a movie blu-ray instead of a 5GB lossly remux, which is visually lossless but mathematically lossy

Is there a program or browser extension to keep up with my novel chapter progress?
I am sick of manually bookmarking the latest and removing old bookmarks.
I don't want to create accounts for dozens of literal who websites that scrape content and website design from each other.

Attached: tamer.jpg (1238x643, 107.38K)

No, it's not. If you made direct copy of the disc, that would be a "Disk Image".
FLAC is an audio codec only.

Use ytdlp. It bypasses the loginwall.

FLAC is specifically a LOSSLESS audio codec, that means its compression is reversible and you can get back to the original state without any changes

Similar to using a Lossless WEBP, when the original Image was a PNG which is also lossless, they use different forms of compression, and have different file sizes, but both don't throw away any data from the source they were made from