Ruby on Rails was the best fucking framework mankind ever devised...

Ruby on Rails was the best fucking framework mankind ever devised. Being so opinionated gave it a huge advantage in terms of code readability. I could be a new developer on a team and still know where everything went by default without even looking at the code base.

Now we’ve got morons making bare bones web frameworks in JavaScript and eventually the entire project goes to shit unless there are very strict code guidelines.

If you give too much freedom to developers everyone makes something different even though they all want to do the same thing AKA serve requests.

Fuck nodejs
Fuck dotnet
Fuck spring
Fuck everything. Ruby on Rails should be crowned the king.

Attached: 65390F2E-FD9F-4739-A39E-14524C4C05BA.png (1280x483, 26.01K)

What is ruby on rails? Never heard of it

based rails poster.
it ain't perfect by any means, but i've been using it for almost a decade professionally.

Rails >>>>>>>>>>>> JS

based

This is what is wrong with the world.

It was slow as fuck

it was made before they added powered rails

Agree with you, performance was an issue but they've apparently fixed it in Rails>6. I wish I could go back to using it but the industry forces me to use shitty nodejs.

Literally every company I have worked at that has used Express used it differently. They made their folder structure different, named their variables different, everything was a pain to understand without reading their docs.

If they had just used RoR the developers would have been so much more productive.

Rails might make a comeback in the next few years, seeing as how Crystal is gaining popularity. Crystal is basically Ruby with arbitrary levels of typing. Not all Ruby code compiles outright but it's an easy fix in a lot of cases. There are already a number of "Rails-like" frameworks in development for the language.

you can use sorbet for some type checking in ruby.

I have to admit, I loved using RoR. And heck, it was not THAT slow, honestly.

Yeah. The slow argument doesn't really hold a lot of weight, considering a lot of websites serving a million users with a bajillion users have demonstrated that that RoR still holds up

Interesting, although I think the type checking in Crystal is meant to improve performance over Ruby. Sorbet looks like it is meant for faster development cycles.

ruby culture really cared about readability. JS people seem to not care about copying obfuscated code from stack overflow

>slow
>ruby
that's enough reason not to use it, desu

if it's so good why does theodinproject recommend their fullstack javascript course rather than the ruby on rails one

elixir + phoenix is neat too

>using frameworks
fucking mongoloid

>Crystal
DOA

Who the fuck is theodinproject