Kiwi Browser is spyware and a keylogger

Imagine browsing Any Forums and unironically using Kiwi browser
>It hijacks your searches and redirects them to their own search engine, thus keylogging you and tracking your searches
>It disables adblocking on sponsored websites

Attached: 1629061291753.png (1024x1024, 195.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Tobi823/ffupdater/issues/35
github.com/kiwibrowser/src/blob/ad4fdb6d6e87d5587e4d9b54c6f159ffa055b67d/extensions/renderer/extension_injection_host.cc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Forgot link
github.com/Tobi823/ffupdater/issues/35

Too bad since it's the only usable mobile browser in 2022.
And adblocking works fine when using uBlock Origin.

It only keylogs you on bing and yahoo right?

maybe. dev is a discordtranny that doesn't reply to any accusations, i think i must've been one of the first guys to ever ask. no reply.

Dev's response is basically
>sirs, it's okay that I keylog your searches, it's for a good reason
>the reason is that I can sell your data to microsoft and yahoo and collect a big paycheck
>have a good day sirs thank you for using kiwi browser

First, you're using keylog wrongly.
Second, it's data that is going to yahoo and microsoft anyway when you submit a search to them.

Still, I'm staying away from Kiwi because they have code in there to particularly block adblock extensions when on certain sites.

What do you use instead? I want to finally get out of Chrome.

>First, you're using keylog wrongly.
No, they literally hijack your searches and pass them through their servers
>Second, it's data that is going to yahoo and microsoft anyway when you submit a search to them.
Yes, the point isn't that it's not supposed to go to Microsoft, or Yahoo, the point is it's going through Kiwi's servers
It's literally a hidden MITM so they can track and record everything you search

And people were whining when it wasn't updated for months

All extensions are disabled on sponsored pages, see github.com/kiwibrowser/src/blob/ad4fdb6d6e87d5587e4d9b54c6f159ffa055b67d/extensions/renderer/extension_injection_host.cc

>No, they literally hijack your searches and pass them through their servers
Yeah, that's not what a keylogger or keylogging is.
Thanks for proving me right.
>Yes, the point isn't that it's not supposed to go to Microsoft, or Yahoo
They get ALL that information when you search with them directly.
Search string, IP, browser, OS. They get all of that anyway.
Yes, the difference is that it goes through Kiwi servers first, which could easily be for attribution (like the dev says).

>Imagine browsing Any Forums and unironically using Kiwi browser
It's difficult to imagine because I've never even heard of this shit.
>mobile
Imagine unironically browsing Any Forums on a phone.

why does that rabbit look so retarded

>Yeah, that's not what a keylogger or keylogging is.
potato potato, it routes what you type through their servers, call it what you want but that's what a keylogger does
>which could easily be for attribution (like the dev says).
So it's spyware to collect your data so the dev can sell it and receive a paycheck

>potato potato, it routes what you type through their servers, call it what you want but that's what a keylogger does
A keylogger logs everything you type.
This only sends what you SUBMIT in the search form.
There is a huge difference.
>So it's spyware to collect your data so the dev can sell it and receive a paycheck
This is possible, but if it is just attribution then they're only "selling" it to the company who fulfilled the search request anyway (aka the company who receives all that data anyway).
Attribution in this way would be done by sending the list of search strings that Kiwi recorded to the company they were forwarded to and that company matching them and then paying out the agreed amount.

>it's real
Guess I'll go back to fucking Yandex.

Attached: 1642126504076.jpg (382x97, 24.52K)

>not using adaway
Retard.

I never stopped using Fennec which does not MitM my queries. imagine falling for the kiwi meme

>This only sends what you SUBMIT in the search form.
It makes you think your are submitting your search to Bing or Yahoo
It actually submits them to their own servers.
That's very keylogger-like behavior. Imagine if it was doing the same for your password. Thank god it's just search queries
>This is possible, but if it is just attribution then they're only "selling" it to the company who fulfilled the search request anyway (aka the company who receives all that data anyway).
>Attribution in this way would be done by sending the list of search strings that Kiwi recorded to the company they were forwarded to and that company matching them and then paying out the agreed amount.
So if it's just some honest scheme to make money, why not be straight up about it and use a Kiwi search home page/default search that returns bing or yahoo result? Why do they have to be shady and hide their MITM spyware?
And why isn't this practice more common if it was honest? I'm sure Microsoft and Yahoo provide legitimate ways to make profit off their searches that doesn't ask devs to MITM the queries.
The facts are that it's impossible to know what the dev does with your data, but we know that he's trying his best to hide it so people don't know about it.

It's literally just spyware
is a massive faggot trying to make excuses.

Google pays Apple based on search traffic. It figures this out by adding ?client=safari to the url, no weird fucking MiTM required

So if I add ?client=safari to all my search requests, Google will pay Apple for all of them?
Sounds based.