Krita versus Gimp?

Attached: hvus085hzro81.jpg (833x769, 143.29K)

I like gimp for photo manipulation
I like krita for drawing

simple as

this, they're really for two very different kinds of tasks

>GIMP has arguably the worst interface in all of FOSS
>Krita is for drawing, and comes with KDE dependency bloat
at least there's Pinta

redpill me on pinta. I'm already running on KDE because I'm not really concerned too much about bloat and a lot of my work revolves around Qt.
Give me the pros and cons

Closest thing Linux has to Paint.NET
Runs on Mono, rarely updated, and has much fewer plugins though. Occasionally an OS update will break the software and it'll be months before it's fixed.

cool I'll look into it

Green Is My Pepper > Krita

Krita? Gimp? Never heard of them.

Attached: Adobe Photoshop.jpg (1080x1175, 53.76K)

This is typical symptom of being fagot.
I am sorry. You have one day of life before you choke your self to death on corporate cock.

This except I use Clip Studio instead of Krita. Krita ran like shit back in the day and turned me off. Clip Studio is just flat-out fucking better and only cost me like 25 bucks. Lifelong updates and no licenses bullshit.

Gimp is a great, lightweight image editor. Photoshop has WAY too much bloat

>.net dependencies
>unironically installing ms garbo
ewwwww nothx

what can GIMP do that krita cannot?
in terms of "photo manipulation"

Krita is good but it would be nothing without GIMP because it's using some of the GIMP libraries. But for vector graphics and printing it range is from complete shit to not working at all and you must update it every few months to get fixes for broken features.

KRITAACK-ACKKACK

Drawing circles is way too complex in GIMP.

Attached: 1628703956796.webm (600x600, 2.59M)

Just use the circle selection tool, convert the selection to a path, and stroke the path.

It couldn't get any simpler than that.

KolourPaint

Attached: 1641072057430.gif (640x640, 2.24M)

Oh great, another linux users meme.

Attached: 1647756760478.gif (360x460, 3.52M)

well it could actually be a lot simpler than that but as an autist i wouldnt expect you to realize that

GIMP is the epitome of shit design, and is why OSS will never be taken seriously.

Why do you need four separate tools to move, resize, and rotate a layer? Why are those tools in the middle of the rest of the tools, and not at the top? Why should I have to know how many pixels I need to allocate to a new layer?

Krita has a cute anime girl on the splash screen, so it's not even a comparison.

>GIMP is the epitome of shit design, and is why OSS will never be taken seriously.
Adobe patented their UI so nobody can clone it. Are you going to pay the license fees so GIMP devs can make a Photoshop-like interface?

I use photopea