Used to be fun to code in, but I probably won't want a job in it

> Pascal
I can see why it became so popular, but modern languages are way better

> Python
My 2nd favourite language, my go-to for API development, AI and basic cli apps

> Brainfuck
Nice language, but won't use it for anything other than to impress my friends

> Lua
My go-to for game development, not a perfect language, but is easy to use and feels much lighter than Python. They made some dumb decisions lately with removing support for a lot of community libraries

> GDScript
Python for game development, but not as special

> Nim
Python but better, my favorite programming language (unironcally). It can feel bloated at times, but is feature rich because of it, and has a great community

> PHP
There are better alternatives out there, the pay is low and the code can look ugly if not we'll maintained. But it is still a great language despite what a lot of people say, whilst I won't just use it in a new project, I will always have respect for the language, since I had fun coding in it when I used to

Those are all the programming languages I know at the moment, what are the languages you know, and how do you feel about them?

Attached: 1641322023710.png (460x472, 274.77K)

funned @ da image that s totally me xd

Hahahahha i just love those little vim webcomics. Anyone got more?

Attached: image-3.png (724x345, 184.31K)

RIGHT? i thought i was the only retard laughing at that image like... Well, like a retard.

netrw isn't native, it's a plugin as well

It's bundled with vanilla vim on all distributions

so what? it's still a >plugin

>you don't have to plug it in
>its still a plugin tho
By what criteria, not being hardcoded in C? By that logic all Python programs are just python plugins, and all shared libraries are actually plugins

Hey OP, nice sleeper Vim thread.

I recently found out about batch renaming files with vidir (part of moreutils, same guy that wrote git-annex).
Pipe a bunch of filenames to it, edit as you care inside vim, and when you :wq, it applies those changes.

>Go
Shit
>JS
Megashit
>Kotlin
Idk
>TS
Better than regular JS but it's still JS so megashit it is
>C++
Gigahit
>Pascal
Who?
>Python
Tolerable for light scripting
>Lua
Shit
>GDScript
Who?
>Nim
Shit
>PHP
Shit

>Common Lisp
simply the best

nnn (file manager) does the same thing

Rust has a nice stdlib but there's a lot of garbage in crates.io. The community doesn't seem to think it's an issue.

> Go
Never used
> Java
It's good to learn OOP and it's faster than most other scripting shit. I had fun at college with Java but never used it professionally
> Kotlin
Seems nice
> JavaScript
Piece of shit, don't want to get close to it.
> TypeScript
Less shitty javascript?
> C++
Pretty cool, the language's been evolving a lot since 2011 and I can't wait for a compiler with the full C++20 spec get released. I wanna try modules and co-routines
> Pascal
Boring and I dislike stuff such as using := for assignment
> Python
It's okay if I can't do it with bash.
> Brainfuck
Nah
> Lua
Never used
> GDScript
Never used
> Nim
Never used
> PHP
It's shitty, makes me believe that everything is so random in the planet.

>c
Nothing better than it, change my mind tranny faggot

python, c#, javascript, and go. the holy 4

>TypeScript
>My go-to language,
Die

I really do not get the hype around TypeScript. The way people talk about it like it's some revolutionary thing but it's just JavaScript with some type hinting.
Unless I'm missing something?

You are not missing anything. Microsoft knew that there is a lot of people hating loosely typed languages, and they capitalized on that. But there is no real advantage. They actually slow development.

I'm just going to say the ones I'm familiar with
>Go
my first real dive into a language, I like it because it's like C with training wheels and static link bloat but that's ok to me because itjustwerks™
>Kotlin
I like that the syntax is cleaner and less rigid than Go with similar inferring but my thing against Kotlin is that it's sooo much slower at compiling than Go, like frustratingly slow compile times.
>BASIC
the actual first language I learned through a classroom environment, I don't really like it because of how I learned it. Other than that, it's alright but outdated, surprisingly low level for something called "basic"
>BASH
my favorite because truthfully I'm a logic brainlet so BASH scripting is easy for me to just slap already made programs together and makeitwerk®

> Go
The docs suck, haven't used it enough to form much of an opinion

> Java
Needs to die already

> Kotlin
Never used it

> JavaScript
My abusive ex

> TypeScript
My abusive ex's sister, stayed away from this one

> C++
Like C, but worse!

> Pascal
Boomer language

> Python
Best for beginners, often used for things better suited for faster languages

> Brainfuck
Literal meme language

> Lua
1-indexed arrays, I hate this language but it's great for beginners and I use it for PICO-8

> GDScript
Why is this even on the list? It's engine specific, and a Python clone, does not count as a real language

> Nim
Curious about this one, haven't used it yet

> PHP
I try to pretend I've never used this one