How come people still pay for mobile and fixed phone subscriptions when you can call with skype/whatsapp for free over...

how come people still pay for mobile and fixed phone subscriptions when you can call with skype/whatsapp for free over the internet you already pay for anyway?

Attached: mobility_36.jpg (400x311, 54.8K)

OK, zoomer.

I don't know that many people who still pay for a landline subscription unless it comes with a bundle of internet+TV+landline.
Most younger people don't even buy those and only get internet. I haven't had a TV in 10 years and I haven't had a landline in 15. I recharge my phone's SIM for 5€ every 3-6 months just so it doesn't get removed from the network due to inactivity since I do need to receive calls and SMS sometimes.
So yeah, I'm as surprised as you are.

some people actually venture outside of their house and cant access WiFi 24/7. also literally no one in the US uses WhatsApp anymore and Skype is ancient shit. Google Voice is probably the most acceptable poorfag internet phone option but most everyone here has SMS capable phones or uses iMessage

>literally no one in the US uses WhatsApp anymore

literally?

Do you know anything about landline privacy, user? Clearly it isn't as bad as a cell phone, but it's still a potential source of spying if someone knew phreaking. Is the government even trained to do that anymore? Do they have to wheel out some multiple-stroke Silent Generation vegetable agent out of retirement just to wiretap now?

I think the reason is because there are no free systems that work for any phone number.

In other words, it requires the other person to use the same app you use etc

Just use text free m8

>landline privacy
There's no such thing. All of those calls are unencrypted and tied to your identity and location. Just use internet and encrypted communications.

The metadata, the incoming/outgoing info, is, but are the calls recorded? I'm pretty sure that requires a wiretap, which was what I asked, if anyone even knows how to do that anymore. I suppose the phone company can record it on behalf of the government.
>Just use internet and encrypted communications
Yes I agree, that's obviously the best method of private communication.

does it work for europe and can it be used to call people who do not have it?

I wonder what is the cheapest way to call any number world wide, which does not require the other person to have any sort of app

like in case you have primitive relatives on the other side of the world who dont even have internet, but do have a phone, what is the cheapest way to call them?

Use smoke signals

1: use a VPN to put your location in America or whatever
2: Yes

If I know the other person has whatsapp, I just use that since I pay like 20 cents for establishing the call, but I have 40 gigs of data.

wow this would be amazing bro

by the way, is there any way to use a voip fixed phone for free? i dont really understand the purpose of it

Yes, apparently.
Only drawback is that you won't be able to recieve 2FA codes on an VoIP, but whatever

i've been trying to research voip providers and they charge a lot of money and are very impossible retards to get this shit to work

s m h i feel so much regret for buying a voip phone

>I don't know that many people who still pay for a landline subscription unless it comes with a bundle of internet+TV+landline.
I'm required by law to have a landline phone.

How are you gonna get an internet connection without a mobile plan?

Well, how are you supposed to get a Skype call done when you're in a place without WiFi then? btw who uses Skype anyway?

because the internet and mobile networks are different networks, and there's not always internet where there's a mobile network reception? maybe think before you post you stupid faggot?

All those landlines are probably carried over voip/fiber nowadays. If I had to guess they have some convenient secret government website where an officer can download all the recordings "after getting a warrant" (wink wink).

Lol ill buy one, sounds schizo
Which are good models?