Installing drivers on gnu/linux that arent into the linux kernel

I don't like it. I had to boot back into windows 10 ltsc to download them.

Attached: installing_drivers_on_gnu_slash_linux_*recreated*.png (2917x1303, 1012.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/?id=f1bce4ad2f1cee6759711904b9fffe4a3dd8af87
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>into
>in-to
>in the
>second the
yeah

fwiw Realtek networking is literally the only hardware that has this problem unless the hardware in question doesn't work at all. Most distros ship a package that wgets and installs this for you. I thought there were good drivers shipped in the 5.10 kernel though.

>Installing Ethernet drivers despite being connected to the internet

What did he mean by this?

I wasn't connected when I did the step 2 shot.
>5.10
Big number. We don't do that here my mint is on 5.4.

Attached: ethernet.png (195x84, 10.55K)

You can download the package on any computer using any OS (including the target computer on a live linux distro) and then install it locally. 99.98% of distros have a repo for this anyway. lrn2dkms

I didn't have an internet connection during the live install ether.

It's simple, all you have to do is download the PKGBUILD from the AUR. Oh you're using a Linux for Niggers derivative? Sucks for you I guess.

I'm not a tranny so I won't use arch and I won't use something made by the "community" when it comes to drivers.

Enjoy your manual driver install then

Yeah, like I said, that sucks for you. Enjoy Linux with training wheels and no drivers.

use the 5.13 version on mint you idiot

Try live booting Debian and running
lspci -k

I'm sure r8125 werkd out-of-the-box when I was setting up my pc

You know that you could just include the driver in the kernel? That's what I was told "no need to install drives" and "they are all included in the kernel".
This was the same with my debian server, moron.
There is a reason mint comes with 5.4 doesn't it? Why not use that?

>You know that you could just include the driver in the kernel
Newer versions of the kernel do.
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/?id=f1bce4ad2f1cee6759711904b9fffe4a3dd8af87
>There is a reason mint comes with 5.4 doesn't it
No, newer versions are always better. There is no reason to be running anything but the latest stable release of the kernel.

why are these drivers for such an old kernel?

>No, newer versions are always better. There is no reason to be running anything but the latest stable release of the kernel.
nah they recommend the normal one

Attached: mint.png (284x136, 7.92K)

Linux Mint jannies are retarded. Use a rolling release distro.

I'm not into the whole "I like my system to change with every update" thing.

The Linux kernel never breaks userspace. The only thing a new release will add is drivers and bug fixes. Even if you want to stick with Mint, stop using 5.4.

because Ubuntu Server and RHEL are on 5.4 also they have Win98SE drivers

>Use a rolling release distro.
>I'm not into the whole "I like my system to change with every update" thing.
?

It's the Realtek. Be grateful that they released drivers at all.