Any Forums we need to talk

We got completely destroyed by r*ddit (fucking R*DDIT).

We need to change something.

Attached: 1647971090793.png (1654x1123, 347.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ps330ADtCa8?t=43
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is so embarrasing for us Any Forums bros

Any Forumssisters............i....i have no response.................

Oh no no no we got too cocky Cbros!

Don't care, I'm having a good time.

Lol he got filtered by the anti-norman TM system, i bet you he spent 2.5 minutes

They first destroyed billionaire hedgefonds and now Any Forums.
I think I'm gonna switch sites bros.....I'm gonna stick with the winners.
youtu.be/ps330ADtCa8?t=43

Oh no, a reddit nigger constructed a strawman and kept attacking that strawman. Any Forums BTFO!!!!

This is true across nearly all boards on Any Forums (and large, open communities in general). Once you gain a get out of the beginner stages of something, you start seeing how retarded the average person here is. Exclusive communities are the only place where an actual discussion/share amongst peers can occur. This place is purely for shitposting.
Same idea applies to media/journalism. Once you gain above average knowledge/skill, you start to see that a lot of people are just making things up/faking it/have no idea what they're talking about.

>Any Forums is one person

To be fair, the entire world destroys Any Forums (and in fact, much of Any Forums) on a millisecondly basis. This place is objectively pathetic - they only draw being the partial anonymity.

>I don't know how to have meaningful conversations therefore Any Forums bad
Any Forums often has serious programming discussions. You just need to filter out the obvious memes.

Any Forums is not a programming board

I do not need to do that. But you need to go back

I've been on Any Forums for 10 years now, I feel mostly the same. Reminder that Any Forums struggles with this everytime I post it.

Attached: gtards.png (1110x600, 53.18K)

Why would anyone bother with this boring ass safemath shit, post someting more lucrative

CLEAN IT UP JANNIES

>numbers a,b,c,d
these are letters idiot

Filtered.

ESL fag here, why did they mean by "root of equation"?

True, but I bet you dont know pic related

The values for x that make the equation true. The roots for x^2 - 1 = 0 are 1 and -1.

You got me.

>We
I am not part of your "hivemind" and neither other anons are.
Take your meds schizo

i can't get over on Any Forums being right on why javascript sucks so here's a three paragraph rant

He's absolutely correct. Once you start learning you realize all this board actually knows how to do is rice DEs and WMs

a = sys.argv[1]
b = sys.argv[2]
c = sys.argv[3]
d = sys.argv[4]

answers = []

for x in range(0, 1000):
if a * x ** 3 + b * x ** 2 + c * x + d == 0:
answers.append(x)

print(answers[::])

Really, all I had to do was google what "root of equation" meant.

Congrats, you're smarter than 99% of Any Forums.

(defun root (a b c d)
(loop for i from 0 to 1000
do (if (eq 0 (+
(* a (expt i 3))
(* b (expt i 2))
(* c i)
d))
(format t "Root: ~D" i))))

this is actually a really fantastic fizzbuzz alternative. i may start using this.

Here's my Reddit vs Any Forums story.

Literally this week, too.

Needed help figuring out how to work with a stateful system, can't find resources so I'll post on /r/learnpython. Not a single response after a week. Okay no problem maybe it's a more advance topic, I'll post on /r/python. Thread gets removed because supposedly it's more suited for one of the daily threads.... Even though there's a similar thread.

I post the same shit on Any Forums and i get 4 posters giving me awesome advice and responding to my Q.

All hail Any Forums.

yeah that guy is dead right and is exactly how I know most of you are unemployed
I come here to shitpost on my lunchbreak not for actual discussion of programming

>The values for x that make the equation true. The roots for x^2 - 1 = 0 are 1 and -1.
Then I don't understand how this is programming related, it's a mathematical problem with a solution already found. Are they expecting that we type picrel all out in code?

Attached: The_Quartic_Formula.jpg (1677x766, 201.66K)

and
>consoomer electronics
>brand wars
>OS wars
>troll posts
>Any Forums posts
This board is the last place on Earth to learn anything, you're here to kill time and braincells. The friendly Windows/Linux threads are still bretty gud though

That typically means the points at which the equation is 0. You could solve this trivially with a for loop and an if statement.

//assume a, b, c, d are defined somewhere else
int f(int x) {
//There are more extensible ways to
//crunch polynomials. This is only to fit
//the problem description:
return a*x*x*x + b*x*x + c*x + d;
}

void findroots(void) {
int i;

for(i=0; i

It's a good way to see if people can handle math. A lot of people see an equation and they seize up even though it's usually easy. A lot of people on here couldn't read SICP because of the little bit of math in chapter 1.

The real "redpill" is realizing that all programming forums suck.

No? The solution is 3 sloc, two people ITT already solved it.

oh no, redditors might never come to Any Forums, or worse, leave Any Forums, if they see that post!

not helping you with your homework next time, rajesh