>tfw you fell for Artix systemd-free meme
FUCK!

Attached: hWzCBbB.jpg (300x360, 35.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/title/Runit
wiki.archlinux.org/title/Init
repo.obarun.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you want systemd-free you should choose a distro with a package manager that was systemd-free in the first place, like slackware or void

Why not go Arch and run 5 commands to swap systemd for anything you want? Fucking retards, I swear man. You aren't forced to use systemd with Arch.

what are those commands

>Why not go Arch and run 5 commands to swap systemd for anything you want?
>t. Fucking retards

lol, it would mean breakage each update.

dude (you) saved 20mb out of 32gb of ram though, time to take more screenshots of ur neofetch output for those wallpaper threads!

>a stop job is running

>can't into configs

Been running Artix for 3 years, no major problems and very few minor ones.

Not my job to hold plebbitors hands
wiki.archlinux.org/title/Runit

wiki.archlinux.org/title/Init

cringe board

Attached: 1623577149521.png (377x25, 2.22K)

OP here, i just installed Arch

Should have gone with obarun

OP here again, I failed to install Arch correctly so I am going to install Ubuntu

Obarun is a great concept but unfortunately lacks the development to stay afloat. I don't think anyone works on it besides Eric. Polkit is way out of date, as are other packages:

repo.obarun.org/

So what are the benefits of alternate init systems over systems? Are the changes major enough to warrant actually getting rid of systems?

Attached: 1643131379734m.jpg (1024x750, 99.63K)

If you're not currently having any problems or issues with systemd, then there's nothing to be gained. For 95% of Linux users, systemd is a great all around choice and works fine.

A common complaint is with systemd, which is more of an annoyance than a show-stopping issue. But on that note people who have to deal with things like that, or have issues with getting services to load in the order they want, start to find systemd a bit convoluted or a PITA to work with and want to try a more basic init system.

Void doesn't have this problem

Void has a much bigger issue.

4u