Based Java 18 got released

Based Java 18 got released
openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/18/

This makes Microshats seethe

Attached: 1617109832270.png (600x460, 47.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=test&runid=b0f80483-5664-4bfb-9614-de615d1ac8f8&hw=ph&test=query&a=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

recent Java version are pretty decent
too bad most projects are stuck on Java 5~8

Hello Java. You will never be an actual language. You will never have decent lambdas. You will never have sane accessibility semantics. You will never have civilized libraries. You will never have decent performance. You will never have the trust of competent programmers. You will never belong anywhere outside meme startups managed by retards still thinking they're in the 2000s. You will never be C++. You will never be Python. You will never be C#. You will never be Rust. You will never be JavaScript. You will never be Ruby. All you will ever be is: write once, run away.

Is this sissy hypno?

Vector API and foreign function / memory API sound very good. Too bad we will never have all that stuff on Android.

>JVM
miss me with that shit, I'll never use anything related to jvm on my machines.

> No value types
> 2022
> I am forgotten

Everything in there is already in C#

Lmao this board is riddled with paid C# shills. Valhalla is probably going ot be in preview in JDK 19 but do you know what's embarrasing? That C# gets rekt by Java even without value types techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=test&runid=b0f80483-5664-4bfb-9614-de615d1ac8f8&hw=ph&test=query&a=2

What do you figure is going to happens once it has value types. Java is absolutely going to blow the shit ouf of your cheap Indian Java copy.

Some extremely secure software only works with it

Attached: 345987078775672434.jpg (1193x849, 335.84K)

When Java 8 reaches EOL, the world's economy is not going to have a good time

Async await and green threads never

>Async await
Indeed never because it's a shitty model
>green threads
soon

>value types
Whats so good about that?

less memory consumption & better performance

>Some legacy dogshitware only works with it
FTFY

December 2030 is going to be interesting. But is does have indefinite sustained support from oracle.

Being able to reduce pressure on the allocator without going handwavey "hope the JVM does it!!!"

Will I get v& for clicking on that thumbnail?

Attached: paapoS.png (128x128, 12.15K)

i'm scared too bro... its fake right????

based

>UTF-8 by default
Why the fuck has this basic shit taken like 25 years to land on a release?