Is it still the King of (air)cool? I've been thinking of replacing my prism...

Is it still the King of (air)cool? I've been thinking of replacing my prism, and I've taken a liking to Noctua after putting their fans in my case a few years ago. Not interested in watercooling though.

Attached: noctua-nh-d15-chromax-black-cpu-cooler-0.jpg (750x563, 55.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

noctua.at/en/product-roadmap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe not the best of all, but the perfect compromise of silence, cost and cooling.
Unless you wanna overclock too much you can go for it or even a smaller one.

It's the king, but it's bad value compared to the Scythe Fuma 2.

This. Fuma all the way up for sure.

NH-D15 and NH-U12A are the best in terms of pure performance and Noctua customer service is also 10/10, you will never have to worry about future CPU mounting or replacements.
But Scythe Fuma 2 or Deepcool AK620 are way better value.
Or depending on your CPU even way lower budget ARctic coolers are fine.

Attached: Screenshot_10.jpg (2375x1431, 360.62K)

no, the standard one is. chromax is for faggots.
also i would wait to see the new model that will come out later in q4, i'm curious to see if they can improve it or if a 2014 design will reign forever

Probably depends on the new fans. The heatsink is basicly the same but with 7 instead of 6 heatpipes.
A U12A already performans basicly on par with a D15 so the new D15 with the new fans might outperform the current one by 2-3 C°.
Not like there is anything that really needs it aside from Intel housefire shit.

>10 year warranty
>Slays most AIOs
>Makes Scythefag absolutely seethe
It's truly an excellent cooler

>5 degrees hotter
>$24 loonies more expensive
Scythe FUPA 2 isn't really even an option

Attached: Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 15-47-03 Amazon.ca Scythe Fuma 2.png (1186x996, 976.9K)

White fans launch later this year gonna rape

The smaller one with the ax12 25 fan or whatever it's called performs basically the same. Also d15 refresh is due towards the end of this year so will be interesting to see what noctua brings to the table.

get the deepcool

where is bequiet

>$50 cooler at $133
Americans

Otoh you can also grab the Mugen 5, it's doing a bang up job cooling my 3700X

in the the trash bin

Those prices are completely whacked, my Fuma 2 costs me the ~45 eurobucks that it's supposed to.
Also shit, didn't know Thermalright had a new dual tower model out.

i like my bequiet dark rock pro 4. there's not much performance difference between the big block coolers. just get the one you like the most from a cosmetic and installation perspective.

Attached: PXL_20220303_054924843.jpg (3024x4032, 3.86M)

the fuma 2 thats $133 has been replaced by the revision B version that sits right FUCKING NEXT TO IT FOR $89.

Source?
I'm in the process of a white build and if they make a white fan, then sold.

> though.

Attached: 1647986662788.png (1350x1098, 132.57K)

OP check out the Deepcool/Gamerstorm Assassin III. It performs the same, (subjectively) looks better & is cheaper. Comes with a cool free screwdriver too!

Stock cooler is best, stop paying for snake oil

>all those 1500RPM and above fans.
>Scythe ninja 5 hanging with two 800RPM fans
Based.

ultimately, its all the same shit and graphs like this have way more variables than they initially let on. Not to mention, the most important factor in air cooling is ambient temperature.

I've been using the D15S paired with a 3700x and can't complain... it's not a high tdp cpu anyway, but the benefit of the cooler being whisper quiet under load is realy nice. Still, the D15 is kinda old now, and there's plenty of newer alternatives which are just as good, like the scythe or even deepcool.

No! I need to block off my PCIe 4.0 slot with my massive heatsink that looks cool, and lose 10% gpu performance by having to use the lower PCIe 3.0 slot.

>Comes with a cool free screwdriver too!
Most of the big boy coolers do nowadays, I have enough big sturdy Philips head screwdrivers to last a lifetime at this point.

noctua.at/en/product-roadmap

That's not how these coolers work. They are designed so they never cover over any PCIE slot and have enough space for most RAM out there.

>Noctua customer service is also 10/10
can confirm this, when I switched from intel to ryzen they were kind enough to send me an am4 mounting kit for an older d15

I'm still waiting for the dual tower 120, but it will probably be delayed again.
I already bought a cheap 120 dual tower and put 12x25s on it because i'm not expecting the release anytime soon.

>They are designed so they never cover over any PCIE slot and have enough space for most RAM out there.
wrong, because they don't coordinate with GPU manufacturers. For most large 3 fan GPU's, you will have to remove the backplate or they will not play nice with massive CPU coolers.

>the most important factor in air cooling is ambient temperature.
its with anything. when i use to live in WA for about ten months out of the year i was able to cool a 9900k overclocked to 5ghz with a simple 120mm AIO from cooler master. able to keep my room at a nice comfy 58-64f was a blessing. really only during august when i would run into issues. after i moved to phoenix the first thing i did was having to ditch the AIO because it struggled at stock with my room stuck between 75-80f for eight months out of the year. went a full custom loop. it gets fucking hot as the sun out here. i miss WA so much. even with its batshit insane leftist the environment makes up for it.

God I can't wait to buy the next gen cooler and white fans

>what is d14
>what is original d15 before the d15s
the whole reason why noctua made the d15s was because the d15 blocked the first pci-e slot on most motherboards.

>noctua.at/en/product-roadmap
goddamn, I want a 140mm version of the A12x25 so badly, why can't they hurry up?