Which one? Why?

Which one? Why?

Attached: 7765788867598233295i.png (922x371, 22.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

documentcloud.org/documents/20474939-usa-v-jarrett-crisler-signal-extraction-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> matrix
jewish spyware

> signal
app compromised by feds

Attached: 1637752894222.jpg (1497x852, 461.06K)

documentcloud.org/documents/20474939-usa-v-jarrett-crisler-signal-extraction-2

Attached: 1635823730876.png (1458x927, 682.23K)

Install nothing, turn your PC off and sit quietly.

Attached: D28174BA-7007-4C2F-B27B-D2D171043953.jpg (284x230, 61.21K)

neither, use XMPP

Attached: Unoasidjfoaidjfoaisjfdtitled.png (724x1063, 558.14K)

>> signal
>app compromised by feds
>posts fed doc showing it isn't compromised

>you can read plaintext with local access
shocking

that's his point

I've been using Signal with my gf and my brother for a year now. Works well, nothing to complain about. Doesn't have many users though

What's your solution then?

if it was his point his post would read
>signal
app not compromised by feds

How is it compromised?
They got hold of his phone and got it open, at that point the encryption tech between two users doesn't matter.

XMPP. I got an ejabberd server running on a VPS in a few hours, it's not that hard.

It has a lot of users, but it's based on your contacts so that just means that not a lot of people in your contacts use it.

You can to convince more by explaining that they can use it as an SMS app as well, that usually seems to work. And you can probably also mention that it looks exactly like a normal SMS app or FB Messenger.

>VPS
Yeah it's compromised

Does anyone here actually uses Matrix? It seems like a lot of work to get a groupchat going since you have to either selfhost your homeserver or be at the mercy of the public matrix.org homeserver, at least compared to Signal, that is more plug n play.

Signal, because of its ease of use. Much easier to convince friends to use it, because they don't have to create a new account (well they do but a phone number is more user friendly).

Matrix is cool too, but you'll only use it for shit you'd do over irc, none of your friends would likely join it.

Well that's what I meant, everyone I know uses WhatsApp or Messenger while barely anyone uses Signal, so I'd have to go through the hassle to get them to switch and even then it couldn't replace WA or Messenger because of just how much those are used. Like 70% of my messaging is with my brother and girlfriend so I'm fine with the situation now.
>They can use it as SMS app as well
Nobody here gives two shits about SMS. Handy feature for those who use it though

The messages are encrypted by the clients, the server just passes them along.

do I really have to explain it to you?
that user meant that because the feds laid out every popular messaging app out there and made signal seem like the most private that it would make people switch over to it and bam you have a honeypot.
I personally don't believe this is the case, but I'm just getting that poster's point through.

is a retard

>>matrix
>jewish spyware
this post glows. you run your own matrix server, pretty much every other "secure messenger" relies on centralized servers.