Any tips on this build? I know it's not super high end, but this way it's relatively affordable still...

Any tips on this build? I know it's not super high end, but this way it's relatively affordable still. Any parts you'd swap?

I asked on Any Forums before, but they sent me here.

Attached: Untitled.png (1300x771, 182.41K)

What about price?

It's 2379 euros, if configured in this way. That's about 10% above ordering all the parts separately and putting it together myself.

Whats preventing you from ordering parts instead of prebuild pc?

Replace windows 10 with gentoo and use amd instead of nvidia

Delete the windows 20 home unless it's free. You can get any windows version for free yourself

/pcbg/ you dumb fucking nigger

Mostly time. I've never done it before, and I'd have to figure out a bunch of stuff along the way. It could be fun, but I simply don't have the time for it anymore nowadays.

Looks good to me. I would get faster ram but whatever there isn't that much difference.

Tried it, no replies: >amd instead of nvidia
I considered it but there's some features on nvidia that I need. I'll use it for work too and some gpu computations are way easier to implement on nvidia.

Thanks! I looked into this a bit, but it seemed like for RAM to actually work on higher freqs you'd need to enable xmp in the motherboard bios, which apparently can be a pain in the ass. Without it, RAM will simply run at standard speed. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to all this stuff, so again I could be wrong here.

I don't know your experience but I've built a PC for the first time with parts in a saturday morning by just reading a manual and some youtube videos. It's literally that easy.

>but I simply don't have the time for it anymore nowadays.
bullshit, you're just fucking lazy
it takes like 2 hours at most to assemble and install shitdows, my first build 10 years ago only took me like 3 hours. Just do it on the weekend. If your boss forces you to work retarded hours sue him and get easy money. It's far cheaper to buy parts and assemble it yourself. If you can assemble a fucking ikea chair you can assemble a PC

the SSD in the prebuilt is dogshit

I appreciate it, but nowadays even just a saturday morning isn't really free anymore unless I actively make time. I'd rather just spend the money to be honest.

>bullshit, you're just fucking lazy
Kek, while that is true, it's not the reason for why I won't bother building it myself. I'm old and I suppose I just have different priorities than you do.

>the SSD in the prebuilt is dogshit
Okay, this is at least somewhat helpful. Why is it dogshit, and what alternative would you recommend?

Dud, remember that not everybody has the knowledge and time to do it. It's okay to buy a pre-built if it's good enough.

5900x is currently overpriced if you're not getting any kind of special deal on it. I have one and have zero complaints about it, but I bought it shortly after its release, Intel has better deals at the moment.
Building a PC is very easy. It's just following instructions.
>but it seemed like for RAM to actually work on higher freqs you'd need to enable xmp in the motherboard bios, which apparently can be a pain in the ass
On that motherboard it is very easy to activate XMP. Sometimes with prebuilts you get dogshit no-name mobos with a crappy BIOS but you're getting a very standard ASUS motherboard and should not have any trouble turning it on.

it's fine
buy it and leave this board

>Why is it dogshit, and what alternative would you recommend
Because it uses QLC chips which are slow as fuck and break quick as shit, you want an SSD that has at the very least TLC mem chips and a dedicated DRAM cache

I'd go with the Western Digital Black SN750 SE, fulfills the above criteria and is PCIE gen4

Hey, I have this exact pc case

Attached: 1647941598692.jpg (212x238, 9.58K)

>If you can assemble a fucking ikea chair you can assemble a PC
Last time I tried installing the cpu, the pins on the mother board snapped.

>On that motherboard it is very easy to activate XMP. Sometimes with prebuilts you get dogshit no-name mobos with a crappy BIOS but you're getting a very standard ASUS motherboard and should not have any trouble turning it on.
okay cool, thanks for this, I'll swap for higher freq ram

>I'd go with the Western Digital Black SN750 SE, fulfills the above criteria and is PCIE gen4
thanks man, I appreciate it, I'll swap this too

Nice. Do you have any over heating issues? I read that the dust filter on the top can restrict air flow somewhat.

>Dude, remember that not everybody has the knowledge and time to do it.
I didn't know how to fix a fucking T-72 main battle tank suspension when I was in the army, I was just a fucking Truck mechanic. Didn't get me out of that fucking job, best to learn something and not need it later than to not learn something and get fucked down the line.

>Truck mechanic
why are you giving advice on pc building

>Last time I tried installing the cpu, the pins on the mother board snapped.
Unless you accidentally dropped it into the socket due to sweaty hands or whatever the fuck you'd have to have a lower IQ than the dumbest retard found in the tribal community of the kalahari bushmen to fuck this up. there is a manual included with every single motherboard that holds your hand through the entire process harder than a kike clutching his shekels, literally what the fuck did you do?

Replace 5900x with 5600x for 210$ new on ebay, 5600x is like an i9-10900k and is still a very fast processor(unless you just need the extra cores for coompiling)

you don't need windows 10 home, you can get it for free

Get a b450 motherboard cheap off ebay refurb

if you want to save money get a chink case for 60$ on ebay(that's after tax and shipping too)

Everything looks good though, but I mean you can keep the case if you're going for a quiet build. Personally I think It's criminal to overspend on a case and a fan. I'd rather overspend on a quality PSU or RAM.