Why is this such an absolute steaming pile of shit? sql + j*va = hooker aids shit

why is this such an absolute steaming pile of shit? sql + j*va = hooker aids shit

Attached: absolutegarbage.png (298x240, 33.56K)

idk man but it pays the bills

MySQL chads rise up

Can't reproduce the issue here

Hello sir, this is wrong. You should use postgre sql nowadays, it's very superior technology.

SQL Server was an amazing piece of kit 2000 - 2008r2 - these days not so much.

The fastest versions of SQL Server were actually written by Sybase in the 80's.

Fun fact, Sybase ASE (now SAP ASE), is still called SQL Server (on windows)

Shame SQL Server went the same way as Oracle, cramming too much functionality into the product at the expense of pure speed. Thankfully Sybase still rules the roost in the trading/investment banking scene.

Source: DBA since 1992 (Sybase and SQL Server)

Postgres is shite (Ingres was pretty good)

Junior web developer here. We use this RDBMS, and in the project we work on we use Dapper instead of modern ORMs like EF Core. I very much enjoy using SQL and I think I became kinda good at it.
What are some tips you can give me? Mostly about optimizing SQL queries and DB design.

It still great for boomers and tech illiterates.

>Sybase still rules the roost in the trading/investment banking scene.
Which boomer shops do you work for? Even austrian banks are using (mostly) postgres for anything new that needs to run onprem these days. And with the cloud compliance directive, you can be sure as hell that you'll be seeing more of the aws memes in few years.

Look on the bright side: you could be having to deal with both mssql and oracle.

MongoDB and Postgres Sirs checking in

>why is this such an absolute steaming pile of shit?
Probably because you don't know what you're doing

Because it's from Microsoft. Everything they do is shit.

Sir what did you say about java?

KINDLY DELETE THREAD RIGHT NOW SIR

Attached: ttt.png (276x248, 143.46K)

Still not as bad as Oracle

I use SQLite for everything

>SQL Server was an amazing piece of kit 2000 - 2008r2 - these days not so much.

Second. Our company upgraded to from 2008 R2 to 2019 around the time cumulative update 10 was out. Out of the box, we ran into the weirdest shit with inlining. Even with updates, some things misbehaved. Like, executing the wrong clauses of a case-when statement. And that's just the shit we noticed because it caused queries to error out.

Even inline-table functions written on old versions would sometimes run code incorrectly. The weirdest shit happened when it inlined scalar functions, but at least there we could disable inlining without penalty.

After a decade to make improvements, massively disappointed when the database engine can't even fucking execute queries correctly.

Yepp.

Also it sits under a ton of 'getting shit done' software that is used in heavy industry.

Why is SQL so shit with fetching new execution plans? Why does it always feel like I need to have hints and perform fucking backflips in my schema just to get it to be more well rounded?

Don't use keys. Keys make your database slow. It's ideal to do all your join at query time without indexes and keys.
For indexes just use the most esoteric indexes with at least 3 columns aggregated

Boomer legacy garbage full of shit behavior that can never be changed. Literally that simple.