“Give your work away for free”

“Give your work away for free”

Attached: 1647964854761.jpg (2048x3072, 1.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@RealWorldCyberSecurity/ever-heard-of-minix-its-the-world-s-most-widely-used-operating-system-fcb6941f3db2#:~:text=MINIX is quite easily the,[See note 1.]
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#ForFree
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you got big time sponsors / donations, yes.

If you're already rich, yes.

free as in "freedom", not free as in "free beer"

What does he think about rust?

>86160832
Shitty bait.
He said many times that he sold Free Software programs for money and that being gratis is not what being Free is all about.

>free software is not concerned about price
shit bait by shit janny that needs a bullet in his head

Build your project easily using parts of a vast library of libre software, where the cost of using it is making your changes publicly available if you distribute it.

Attached: 1518818756367.png (1279x837, 580.38K)

Hi Jay, get better bait material you triple nigger.

> work for private company
> by definition, get paid less than what my work is worth
I might as well release my code for all of humanity rather than help some shareholders buy their 3rd house.

Attached: actual redpill.jpg (712x889, 78.22K)

medium.com/@RealWorldCyberSecurity/ever-heard-of-minix-its-the-world-s-most-widely-used-operating-system-fcb6941f3db2#:~:text=MINIX is quite easily the,[See note 1.]

>write os
>multi trillionaire israeli company forks it
>get nothing besides exposure in a 2000 line long eula

satoshi agrees

Implying what freetards do is "work".
They write the minimum viable thing, then expect everyone else to extend and fix it for them, hence their "it crashed/doesn't do what you want/is a worthless piece of shit? Your fault - wind up your compiler and fix it yourself".

>Use cuck license
>Gets cucked
Kill yourself. If you use GPL or MIT licenses you deserve to get cucked or the rope.

> for free
If you want to say that a program is free software, please don't say that it is available “for free.” That term specifically means “for zero price.” Free software is a matter of freedom, not price.

Free software copies are often available for free—for example, by downloading via FTP. But free software copies are also available for a price on CD-ROMs; meanwhile, proprietary software copies are occasionally available for free in promotions, and some proprietary packages are normally available at no charge to certain users.

To avoid confusion, you can say that the program is available “as free software.”

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#ForFree

*BSD
Fuck sake. Then again the latest GPL revision is pretty bad.
But anything under BSD is basically asking to get cucked.

>by definition, get paid less than what my work is worth
then why are you working for them? work for yourself

Attached: ancapgang.png (2048x1152, 540.06K)

My wife gives me sex for free.

virtual space wasn't supposed to be work it was supposed to be virtualized fun

So the distributor gets the money instead of the developer
Genius

the whole point of the GPL is that companies can't cuck you out of your work. have fun getting railed by big tech.

You know that companies can't cuck you out of your work with a propietary license either right

Sex is not given, it is taken.

Attached: 1634213505447.png (499x392, 68.32K)

Exactly. She forcefully takes sex from me, and I don't have to pay anything for it.