Plex

Can someone redpill me on Plex, I currently use Stremio, I wanna know if they're comparable at all and which is better.

Attached: 1628137865271.png (810x456, 22.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libreelec.tv/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

plex is mostly great.
only problem I have is that there's no way to manually watch video files without it detecting "what the show is" based on the folder name.
can give you the occasional problem if you like to watch shows from a torrenting folder, and the devs are too retarded to see that people have different use-cases

Plex is peak comfy when you got an entire homeserver set up for it with radarr and sonarr. If you don't then it looses most of its charm

this. if you don't have some automation setup then it's not really worth it. but if you automate it then it is basically your own personal netflix. I also share my server with my friends and that's peak comfy.

Literal cuck

Plex is good at delivering content to the client device.
Plex creates a monstrous xml document that, once corrupted, is difficult to fix without performing a multistep process called the "plex dance". If everything is named in the way it expects, it fetches metadata, media descriptions, etc, reliably, but if you stray from that, it becomes a massive pain in the ass, especially if you try to fix names after the fact.

Can I use any of this if I want to be able to have a library of videos that I can access from any device in my house? I'm an absolute normal fag though and have no experience with network shit.

People will try to shill Jellyfin or others because they’re FOSS or whatever but the truth is Plex just works. You download it, tell it where your media is stored, and that’s literally it. I run mine on a 2011 Mac mini (headless) with an external 4TB HDD, no issues with streaming over WiFi or anything.

With this being said, I run plex *and* airsonic, because plex works well with my ancient ipad and airsonic's use of directory structure instead of meta tags is preferable for audio media.

Just use Kodi and stream off a busybox http server lol.
Also works with ftp, nfs, smb, ssh and so on.

plex is good but the only downside to me with plex is that you need an always on internet connection to connect to the servers of plex in order for it to work properly.
i have been thinking about switching to jellyfin now my collection is not that large

can any of you link me a video that help you set it all up, you need a home server for this so I guess I have to buy a rasberry pi.

Plex shills too much unrelated garbage for me to shill it anymore
feels like I'm loading up someone else's computer to access my own

search youtube for "how to setup a plex server". It's very simple to setup

If you go into the UI you can click the ... on the show or movie and fix the match yourself and not rely strictly on folder name. They're all based on TVDB.

they are really not the same thing, plex is a media front end for the shit you already have, stremio STREAMS the shit that you don't want to have, like Shang Shit and the legend of the ten cock rings

that sucks but if you pay attention to what you have you shouldn't have issues, unless you have massive amounts of unsorted data
y problem is that the data doesn't gets saved to sour account so have to sort the whole thing again every time you reinstall the app

thats pretty much what plex is, if you need to watch outside of your home network then you have to pay

Anybody has a link with a retard proof way to set this up? I've tried but me not smart enough

ok I see, then I guess plex isn't for me, thanks for clarifying

kodi + real-debrid + pirate addons is the way to go for streaming

kodi sucks ass, its the Linux of media front ends

it's not nearly as well-designed as linux
but it works well for what it is, and developing addons is relatively straightforward once you figure out how to navigate their shit-tier docs
i'm running libreelec.tv/ on my rpi4 and the only issue i have is needing to restart it every month or two because of probably a memory leak