This bridge was build in the 1800s inIndia. No maintanence at all since then. Will last 500 more years easily

This bridge was build in the 1800s inIndia. No maintanence at all since then. Will last 500 more years easily

Meanwhile modern concrete bridges, need complete rebuild every 15 years. Rebar rust, cracking etc.

When did you realize the magnitude of this scam?

Attached: 1647948657206.jpg (1707x2560, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>modern concrete bridges, need complete rebuild every 15 years
no they don't

using Elephant shit as mortar is the key.

>pedestrians on the railway bridge
why are pajeets like this?

it's the designated shitting railway bridge

It's build in the middle of the forest not the middle of LA of course it's made to last.

It won't last 500 years without maintenance. But it'll easily do 200+ as there's bridges in the UK that are built the same and I can't remember the last time I heard about one requiring repairs. In fact, the railways died due to privatisation and routes being closed, before the bridges needed work.

Probably because it's the easiest route between two points in such a mountainous area.

>no maintenance at all
I doubt this

maintenance creates jobs.
capitalism promotes maximum inefficiency to increase profits.
Imagine being a consultant paid per week, you don't have an incentive to do your work fast and efficiently. Instead you have all the interest in the world in doing it as slowly as possible in order to spread out the amount of time you will be employed.
If you finish too fast you're out of a job. which is why all megaprojects take so long to complete.
Technically you can plan a full-fledged metro system with a dozen lines in two months and build it in three, but in reality because of this incentive to do the work as slowly as possible it takes decades.

I'm seeing it here in Paris with the metro, where only recently have (very conservative) works re-begun. The last major piece of the public transportation system to be built was the RER E which was opened in the late 90s. From that time to today we've only had a few extra stations open extending a couple of existing lines, but nothing major. It's about to change, but even the rolling hardware is old as fuck. And I'm not really shitting on those old MF67s (pic related) but damn bro that shit is old as fuck.

If you have no pressure from the government to build shit fast it will be slow. The entire TGV (french shinkansen) network was built faster than it took us to extend line 14 by three stops.
why? Because back then the government was a dictatorship that actually gave a shit about infrastructure and not just oppressing its people.

Attached: 1633082184225.jpg (1798x1198, 378.64K)

>Meanwhile modern concrete bridges, need complete rebuild every 15 years.
No they don't retard.

>British made
there is your answer. Americans cant build shit that lasts

>bri'ish
>quality
pick one motherfucker
if it ain't german, french or italian it's shite.

>german, french or italian it's shite.
*laughs in British descendant of Anglo Saxon, Norman and Roman progeny* So we're the best of all three. German engineering is over-rated. French buildings are overly flamboyant and Italian buildings haven't got their foundations dug deep enough.

>overly flamboyant
>this is a bad thing
cope harder bong, even filled with niggers Paris is more beautiful than any anglo city.

Attached: 1639543543212.png (1178x736, 2.03M)

>even filled with niggers Paris is more beautiful than any anglo city.
Paris is an absolute shit hole. And I say that as someone with family in France due to my uncle being in the FFL for 20 years.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

Imagine your most famous city induces psychosis in people because of how underwhelming it is.

Things were much different 200+ years ago

>Will last 500 more years easily
No it won't. Either India will become a functioning county in the next 500 years and replace this security hazard or more likely it will collapse during use in the next 500 years and hundreds of turds won't reach the designated shitting street on time.
>Meanwhile modern concrete bridges, need complete rebuild every 15 years. Rebar rust, cracking etc.
No they don't. But unlike this bridge modern bridges in countries that don't have a problem with widespread open defecation regularly inspect their critical infrastructure which by the way often consist of more than one track used by passenger trains driving on it at a snails pace. Modern bridges have a designed service life of easily 70-80 years before the miniscule risk of structural collapse are 'large' enough to justify rebuilding it so accidents are avoided.
>When did you realize the magnitude of this scam?
If the scam is that i can take a train and be almost complete sure I'll reach my destination in a timely manner and avoid death while indians enjoy the rush of driving over a hazardous bridge 7 times during their 5h journey from shithole A to B then i think I've never truly realized how much I'm scammed and how much better India's train system is.
So thank you user for opening my eyes.

>t. has never been in Paris
I live here, moron. Yeah the niggers are shit, but it's light years ahead of any american city / town I've been to (and some of these are considered top tier by most americans: boston, cupertino, miami, etc...)

well, of course, there can't be an america syndrome since most people don't give a shit about visiting america. Since most people choose France as their tourist destination it's only natural that more people are dissapointed.
Of course, the five tourists that Austin Texas gets per year are dissapointed too, but nobody gives a shit about them because who is dumb enough to go on holiday to Austin Texas? What are they going to visit, oil fields and sprawling suburbia?

Cry harder you snail munching baguette smoking beret wearing faggot.

This post is totally incorrect. This picture is a shot of the Arch Gallery Bridge no. 493, part of the Kalka-Shimla Railway, and this particular bridge was constructed in 1893, almost 40 years after work began on the train line itself. All arch bridges require a yearly visual inspection and 5-yearly maintenance.

Threads like these should be called out for their total fabrication and OP should fucking hang.