This shit fucking sucks and I can't even launch fucking Satisfactory which is apparently a 'Gold' game on the protondb

This shit fucking sucks and I can't even launch fucking Satisfactory which is apparently a 'Gold' game on the protondb.

======================
Proton: 1646472114 GE-Proton7-8
SteamGameId: 526870
Command: ['/run/media/john/Storage/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Satisfactory/FactoryGame.exe', '-NO_EOS_OVERLAY']
Options: {'forcelgadd'}
depot: 0.20220131.43
pressure-vessel: 0.20220131.0
scripts: v0.20211029.0-0-g2d89be4
soldier: 0.20220131.0 soldier 0.20220131.0
Kernel: Linux 5.17.0-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 7 08:29:54 UTC 2022 x86_64
======================

Nothing. No errors. It just says 'RUNNING' for a few seconds, then it closes. Fucking bullshit. I hate Linux.

Attached: 11287837.png (400x400, 165.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/wiki/Using-a-NTFS-disk-with-Linux-and-Windows#editing-fstab
wiki.archlinux.org/title/Steam/Troubleshooting#Steam_Library_in_NTFS_partition
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

chill out and get yourself a real linux distribution, john

Gentoo. Install it

Manjaro is the easiest to setup and I use John Doe as the system name for all my computers, nigger

The G in Gentoo is for gaming

ask for help there

nvm i fixed it linux is based

for whatever reason moving it from my 12TiB HDD to my SSD worked.

Attached: Screenshot_20220322_133125.png (1920x1080, 1.01M)

by any chance is your 12TB HDD formatted as NTFS?

It is indeed. That the issue?

I was about to ask that. I don't keep my games on the NTFS partition, but I heard it's a common problem.

Yep

You didn't properly mount the disk

github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/wiki/Using-a-NTFS-disk-with-Linux-and-Windows#editing-fstab

yes it is. for some reason wine doesn't play well with ntfs partitions.

If you're going to put Linux programs on a drive, it should be formatted with a Linux filesystem because Linux has piss poor support for proprietary filesystems.

you can use `gparted` to shrink your existing partition without data loss and create a dedicated linux gaming partition

Have you tried not using proprietary software?

Looks like you posted on the wrong board.

>manjaro
Deserved. Stop using meme distros guys.

READ THIS AND STOP CRYING ABOUT LINOOOOOOX NOT WORKKKKS IN MY GAYMES

wiki.archlinux.org/title/Steam/Troubleshooting#Steam_Library_in_NTFS_partition

(i tried this and it works flawesly, but its better to install proton in the linux partition because steam installs proton in the launched game partition so it fucks up bcuz NTFS, and then link the compatdata to some directory, I need to make a tutorial/guide for this)

Not Any Forums's tech support, fuck off.

having the same issue with grim dawn
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Retard