To buy or not to buy

Need some advice. I bought a gtx 1070 when it was released and been holding off from buying a new GPU because prices have been ridiculously high. They still are way above MSRP but dipped by a substantial amount recently and I think I've waited long enough.
Question is which one should I get? I'd like to play the more demanding games on 1440p with high settings with at least 100 FPS.
I can't decide between 3070 ti, 3080 and 3080 ti however the price of the 3080 ti is still ridiculous.
So what do? Can't be arsed to wait for the 4000 series.

Attached: 1647942375764.jpg (700x635, 85.56K)

buy a 1080ti

Don't fucking buy now you stupido, price will crash because of ethereum moving from PoW to PoS.
Miners and scalpers are already dumping their bags of GCs.

>yes goy buy our gpus that have been treated like shit for 2 years in a mining warehouse full of dust, spiders, roaches, cobwebs, etc.

new prices would go down as well, at least to msrp levels
rx 6800 xt

this common knowledge is far from the truth because most miners take very good care of their cards. it is in their best interest to maintain their money printing machines, who would want such a thing to break due to neglect?

>t. miners

You GPU is still perfectly fine. Just wait a few more months for the next launch, AMD and nV are expected to have a big jump in performance. They have no choice, a flood of mining cards on the second hand market is a threat they can't ignore. Even thought only a fool would buy a dying GPU from mining scum.

I just upgraded from a 1070 TI to a 3070 TI, mainly to switch from 1080p to 1440p. It's done the job so far. Power draw is a chunk higher, so also switched to a bigger PSU. Other than that no comment, buy what you can afford at the performance level you need. The xx70 TI has remained the best balance of that for me. I tend to leave quality low anyway since I'm a sweaty competitive player.
Prices are still shit but it's the worst at the top of the range. I think the xx60 is too low performance and the xx80 and above is just too much fucking dollars.
RTX is a bit of a meme (which I fell for) and the price differ nice is great enough that it may be worth considering ATI. You can get similar performance for at least 25% cheaper where I'm at.

most miners worth their shit take good care of their GPUs.
I'd rather buy from a miner I trust than some gamer who played CoD/BF for 6 hours a day with a closed PC case.

considering only one good AAA game comes out a year, whats the hurry?
PC Gaming is dying, wake up.

What's a good card to buy on Linux? Radeon RX 570 is getting a bit old.

3070ti is the choice for you. You will have 1440p 120fps+ on high settings (ultra is a meme for 3090 owners) and you'll have enough money left over to buy another gpu when the nVidia 50 series launches in ~3 years.

Buying top of the range tech is for people with stupid disposable incomes since it invariably ends up deprecated in short order.

anything rdna2 since the steam deck is a dev target now

DO NOT BUY ANY GPU UNTIL THE MARKET IS FLOODED. LET THE SCALPERS AND MINERS BURN.

i have a 1050 and it runs sudoku just fine

4070 ti is going to be amazing

>So what do?
Have sex!
Seriously, just spend the money on a few hookers.

Is a 1070 not enough?

>spend $800 in card
>still cant set to "ultra"
kek at your buying advice

it's just common sense
but go ahead and don't buy a dirt cheap gpu from a miner and get one from a store then

If you decide to buy one, get it from an official retailer and don't feed the scalpers. There's no problems with stock anymore so the whole scalping business has collapsed and we must ensure it stays that way. Miners will be next in a few months.