Why yes, I have a M.2 SSD NAS. How could you tell?

Why yes, I have a M.2 SSD NAS. How could you tell?

Attached: M.2-SSD.png (899x512, 127.34K)

HDDs are still king for NAS and until SSDs price compete that isn't going to change.

SSDs in a nas is fucking retarded. Unless you have 10gb ethernet, (which even then HDDs are sufficient enough) HDDs are not the bottleneck and offer no performance boost. Nobody else better be using the 10gb ethernet for you to see any gains either.

you literally can't tell, not even on 10gb ethernet. Why are you so stupid?

It's another episode of "OP posts a render of a product and pretends they own it."

>EVH NAS

what

Attached: EVH-Striped-Series-Frankenstein-EVH2103590-Front-scaled.jpg (1494x2560, 311.57K)

this will enver happen until your average movie filesize is in the TBs. regardless of price SSD write cycle lifespans make them a horrible choise for any form of constant-access storage, and because they lose data without power after a few years it's even worse for long term offline storage. As other posters mentioned you will almost never even see the performance benefits of it either unless you have well over 10gig network, and are the sole user of those 10gigs

it will be a VERY long time before SSDs take over HDDs naturally, however I fear with all these "spinning rust" anti-HDD shills and massive coprorate agendas with financial reasons to ship more SSDs, they may actually take over the market well within our lifetime due to artifcial means (ceasing the manufactor of HDDs in favour of reaping more profits from selling you a new SSD every 2 years)

no I will not take my meds, I'm perfectly happy without them

>no noise
>low power consumption
>low latency
>small form factor
>vibration resistant
>disk price not as expensive as it used to be
>NAS provides redundency and you need a backup somewhere else anyways
>with a 10g+ network it can be a SAN where you centralize all your data and VMs
It's beautiful. Poorfag refuses to accept the future

Hasn't AWS already migrated to SSDs for most of their storage solutions?

>no noise
Hdds don't have that much noise
>low power consumption
Nas hdds don't really consume that much more power
>low latency
Not an issue on networks
>small form factor
Are you living in a travel trailer where you can't just put your Nas in a closet?
>vibration resistant
So are Nas drives
>disk price not as expensive as it used to be
Hdds are still cheaper
>NAS provides redundency and you need a backup somewhere else anyways
We know and I use mdisks as well
>with a 10g+ network it can be a SAN where you centralize all your data and VMs
You don't run software off of Nas. It's literally just a place to put backups. user are you retarded or something?

if they have they are retarded

>big company does thing so i should also do thing
is the dumbest philosophy to have

I have a small machine with a 1TB SSD mirror for my most important files, better than HDDs for longetivity (but needs power for data integrity so it's not perfect). For everything else it's a huge meme

based don't listen to the tinker trannies on here

Especially when it's Amazon. Op is here pretending to be the next Amazon when he's probably just another fatass with autism living in his mom's basement.

That's not true at all. I've had ssds die within 3 years. When they die, they die all at once. Not progressively. There's no warning.

>better than HDDs for longetivity
kek

>How could you tell?
probably by the enourmous african-american cock halfway down your throat and the bottle of onions in your hand

bs. I have a 10gb eth setup. zfs nas with hdd zraid, mirror sata ssd and mirror nvme ssd, and a shitload of cache.

Shit that's in the cache maxes 10gbit, seq and most random reads to the nvme mirror max 10gbit, sync writes don't, mirror ssd doesn't and hdd definitely doesn't hit 10gbit. 10gbit is a lot of bandwidth and you need decent storage to max that in non synthetic benchmarks.

monero nodes fucking suck on hdd, some filesharing programs shit the bed as well

i'll probably get a tiny thinkstation as a server in a few years and put in a 4tb ssd

?
I run 2 monero nodes off hdd. I only use monero infrequently myself so I wouldn't know the difference. Seems fine though?

I really want a nice nas but I'm poor as shit, sad times