Frameworks, libraries, etc hate thread

I want to build a webapp on nodejs but every fucking video tells you that you need to use x-library for this, y-library for that, z-library for this other thing. And instead of focusing on how to implement the backend logic, I need to sit down and learn how each library's api works, what quirks it has and what its best practises are. (not to mention getting used to the absolute silly names they have)
And in the end I think all these abstractions upon abstractions upon abstractions make the code even more convoluted and difficult to maintain. I get so fucking overwhelmed bros... Do I really need 5 different libraries just for a simple fucking login page???
Does nobody make their own tools anymore? Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Attached: 2A782A9F-9073-4FDC-AF12-6AEE50A1387B(1).jpg (622x604, 51.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nodejs.org/api/http.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I want to build a webapp
kill yourself and don't post here again

faggot
just dont use any extra libraries, simple as

I forgot. The only acceptable use of a computer here is to post neofetches and trying to find the most useless linux distro.

>just dont use any extra libraries, simple as
That's what I want to confirm. Is it considered "bad practice" not to use any libraries? Am I wrong for thinking what I wrote in the OP?

is webdev really just like playing with virtual Lego blocks? it sounds like you guys don't even actually code anything

you forgot that you don't need a webapp, dumb nigger
look at Any Forums, it is not an webapp, and it works flawlessly, didn't need 6000 node.js libraries to be made by a fucking 14 year old, and just fucking works, now go kill yourself
DO NOT POST HERE AGAIN

Nice bait faggot. Any Forums is a very simple website I want to build something that is more complicated. Unironically off yourself btw.
That's what I've come to believe. Nobody writes anything custom and original, from what I've gathered by reading blogs and watching yt videos, at least. Are startups run like that as well?

Learn Vue

you're a dumb nigger who can't figure out something so simple, you will never build anything "complex".
you failed at step 0, and that was choosing node.js
now keep coping and include 6000 javascript libraries to what a 14 year old can do in a weekend in php, retarded monkey

>his alternative to node.js is php
please shut the fuck up faggot at least get your "write everythung from scratch11" agenda straight

>doesn't know anything beyond javascript and php
like I said many times, do not post here again retard

I chose nodejs to avoid messing with php but if the only way ahead with node is to learn all these retarded sounding libraries with their retarded apis and esoteric conventions I will switch to php. Does php not require any third party libraries? Can I not write non-bloated backend in nodejs?
That's what I am asking but all you fucking retards do is give meme answers. Maybe you can only give opinions on if binblows or applel or licucks is better for the 1000th time. Sometimes you are worse than normies.

You don't need to, but a framebrarie can cut out on some of the tedious boilerplate code

You can read up on creating an HTTP server nodejs.org/api/http.html and just go from there. Technically that's all you need to create endpoints and return data.

If you do want to venture into libraworks, Express has endured the usual churn of JS webshit and is the one you should be looking at first.

Attached: learned helper.jpg (250x200, 7.35K)

fippy bippy

you see, the problem is that you're retarded, and blame technology for your own deficiencies

thank you user. I thought i could go ahead only with express and mongoose maybe and that's that.

Yes you can make a complete backend using just those two. The nodejs standard library is pretty barebones so you might find there's something which is better served by a library. One thing I do is npm install the library in a new project folder and see how much shit it puts into node_modules. If it doesn't pull too much in then I begrudgingly accept it.

at this point I do not care about filesizes. I just do not want to get distracted with all those libraries.

Try using PHP

Unironically use golang for backend, it probably has most libraries you need and then just use smallish libraries for your frontend that you can simply include as a js file

Golang does not have the callback hell that node has due to js also the libs are rather consistent in their design because there are only a handful of nonstupid ways to export their functionality

After i sarted to use golang for webshit i never looked back
Granted i had a background in C so you might not be comfy with it from the start also the type system is more strict than a drill instructor, might take time to get used to because you cant just string+number+string like in js