/wdg/ - Web Development General

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to JavaScript
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - A good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - Quite a good JS tutorial
freecodecamp.org - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, and either Ruby on Rails / SQL, or Node.js / MongoDB
fullstackopen.com/en/ - Requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - Learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource
phptutorial.net - A PHP tutorial

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using the following format in your posts (the scraper will pick it up):
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: node, react, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Previous:

Attached: image_2022-03-22_062422.png (368x124, 12.6K)

Be evil.

number 1 on the internet edition

be good!!
there is NO such thing as evil really!

How quickly can a nigga learn NodeJS. I really wanna leave IT

that sounds like a challenge

Attached: E8xQp29VgAABJNV.jpg (1080x954, 82.32K)

Evil is a real force. Evil against evil.

guys google isnt evil microsoft is evil, with bill gates

Seeing npm install a bunch of shit makes me anxious. I wanna learn a backend lang should I go with Golang, PHP or Java? I'm gonna use it to make web "apps" for my resume

Gonna enjoy these last few months of being a NEET before I finish up my portolio & start applying to jobs.

Attached: 1644450271441.png (743x1204, 348.18K)

Go with Golang, shitters here are gonna go "GoOgLe EvOl" but it doesn't matter. It is the fastest garbage collected language and the median pay is through the roof.

Do it.
Prepare to stop enjoying coding as soon as you land a job.

Repost
How do I load a txt file (I know its name and it's in the same directory) without nodejs and the app being a local file rather than loaded from any server? And how do I make one so user can save it

what should I absolutely not to during an interview? going on my first one for a parttime webdev job in 5 hours

>prepare to stop enjoying coding
One step ahead of ya, ha ha ha...
I put in my daily 2-5 hours of work, and enjoy the rest of my time. Healthy balance this way.
Think I'm going to beat Elden Ring & OOT one more time each before I fully commit to the job hunt.

Has to come from an input type=file field where the user explicitly inserts the file, through drag/drop, or maybe through a custom script tag that sources that file (not sure if that would work though)

Lel are u me ?

a FOSS dev said thank you with a lot of people to see (he said "based furries" too heh) just from something really small i did to say thanks
it would be kind of cool (and im hoping that it works) if just a little bit of money thrown his way for some more things i want added, added, makes them (get) added

so idk like
how do you ask (and pay) for things to be added maybe even on your own "fork" without taking over? i can be over-bearing i know but i like this guy even though hes a FOSS LIBERAL

whatever fags ill just go fuck it up with him

Do you have a dress code at your work?

Do you wear a button shirt and tie, or a t-shirt and jeans, or something in between?

Attached: mac_vs_pc-20161202080103664.jpg (815x544, 29.91K)

I dressed nice for the interview but I showed up in flip flops the next week.
If any kind of dress code is ever implemented I'll just quit.

w..wait do people wear a suit to write code?

i was just gonna nude it

Attached: index.jpg (202x249, 8.78K)

>using a FAGMAN logo for the OP

Attached: 1647109349172.jpg (680x383, 24.78K)

based

Kinda curious if there were any Russian or Belarusian node.js webdevs here that got their hard drives overwritten by heart emojis by the node-ipc author. If any were, I am sorry. Not all of us burgers are like that.