Will open-source take over all paid software?

Developers on Any Forums, seeking your opinions on the topic.

P.S. I am an author of open-source alternative to auth0(used for implementing user authentication in apps)

github.com/supertokens/supertokens-core

Attached: Screenshot_20220322-095344~2.png (720x1155, 119.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=Java
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-93/product_id-19117/Oracle-JRE.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

no

Just looked through it, the code seems very unsecure. Leaves lots of room for vulnerabilities the way its set up.

> Why Java?

Post hands. If they're brown, then no.

>Java + Docker + authentication
ah personal hell, nice to see you again

Clearly it should be written in C, like all secure software

Attached: buffer overflow.png (511x380, 118.09K)

>contributor covenant

Attached: le trash man.jpg (352x450, 37.04K)

brown hands confirmed. have fun dealing with log4j

cope harder.
cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=Java
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-93/product_id-19117/Oracle-JRE.html

The only way FOSS will fully overtake proprietary software is through the overthrow of capitalism. As long as the profit model exists, there will always be the temptation to close the software.

>muh buffer overflow
dumb nigger

Insecurity is built into C by design, just like its built into you by your parents.

jej

Attached: bulbjak.jpg (1170x879, 73.79K)

>like all secure software
Short answer is yes, it should.
Longer answer is that there are many important, secure, open source libraries wirten in C. I personally would prefer some language that's not controlled by a predatory corporation. As it is I won't touch supertokens-core with a 10 foot poll.

Best xml parsers, best http libraries, best TLS libraries, best password stores, best envryption algorithms are all written and maintained by C programmers.
V8 Javashit engine is written in C++, so are entire browsers.
And all of these parts have to be secure for your machine to not get randomly hijacked just because you visited a malicious page, I wonder how do they do it?

Yes, open source is a psyop by big tech to devalue tech labor. Otherwise it'd be borderline impossible to fire software devs and we'd be getting paid 2-3x as much as we are now. The corporate beauty of open source libraries is that you're expected to keep up to date with the latest shit on your own time so companies don't have to ever train you on custom tooling, and as a result you're interchangeable with other software developers on the market on top of having less job security. Fortunately, for now the demand is still so crazy labor sort of has the edge over employers

> I wonder how they do it?
They don't lol

post hands

C is what you use when you have no other choice.
All other software should be written in a language that won't compromise your whole system because some dope forgot to check the length of a string before writing it to a buffer.

I have no other choice but to use objectively best programming language

>he hasn't heard of fgets()
pajeet

>he uses anything else than read(2) and write(2)