/dpt/ - daily programming thread

other what are you working on Any Forums?

Attached: karen.png (596x720, 435.52K)

Zoomers are too dumb to learn C++. The future is Rust.

zoomers can't even work a file system, they aren't learning to program any time soon

a C preprocessor because it's a necessary step in eventually creating a C compiler.

Getting my vscode setup. Noob mode over here. When I'm done with that, I'm going to make basic cpp programs and move on from there

If we don't replace ourselves with AI in time, humanity will be doomed.

a compliant C preprocessor with extensions could be a very useful tool.

>language where the only real work is creating yet another unmaintained and undocumented shim for a well maintained, secure, tested over past 30 years, used in the real world... C library that is also x2 faster than anything trannies can shit out in pure Rust is the future
could be a lot worse

Install Ada

Go and Rust were introduced around the same time but how come Go is much more successful judging by the number of real-world projects, jobs and stable libraries?

Google uses Go, no one uses Rust.

sorry I have a job and here we are using C++, I don't really have time for esolangs that are "safe and secure" because real world is not and the last thing I want to be thinking about when some retard's tesla swerves directly into me is
>if only they programmed it in Ad-ACK!

Goddamnniggerfucker my code works just as the instructions wanted it but it won't pass the fucking tests. Makes 0 sense, the predicted outcome and the actual outcome are the fucking same.

Go actually solves problems, Rust only creates more of them.
Go competes with pythonshit and java (scripting language)
Rust only embarrases itself in front of C in C++ by being more suited for things you do in javascript than things you do in C

Taking the "Common Lisp as first language"-pill.

Attached: 1617643107586.gif (512x512, 649.55K)

Google also uses Rust. Amazon uses Rust. Im talking about dev shops in general not some huge billion dollar company.

>Go actually solves problems
Which one?

Average javascript newfag is just your average zoomer who somehow managed to at least create his own website and blogpost about technology, average rust programmer is a "woman" who mogs you in masculinity and can't actually program, spends 2/3 of xer shift on twitter while waiting for Rust to compile 600 dependencies "required" to build the webapp you asked for, who do you hire?

Lmao rustcuck, that tranny language literally copied ada

Finally made a good looking UI

Attached: unknown.png (474x461, 37.79K)

I did complete few books and I can code more or less without looking up the syntax, but once I get to code anything real from the scratch rather than a guided exercise I can't decide on structure.
For example should I use array object or maybe string literal. Grid or flex etc (webdev).
What should I learn to alleviate my indecisiveness? I'm indecisive in general and that causes decision paralysis.

Attached: 1646947264307.png (1079x1325, 2.69M)

Using pythonshit and javashit for things that need to be stable and scalable while being zoomer friendly.
Reminder that google's main and most important part of codebase is C++, but they can't hire zoomers and have them fuck it up.

google doesn't even use go much anymore. other companies use/used go due to cargo cult thinking "if google uses it it has to be good". it's waning in popularity.

>but google using Rust is NOT cargo cultism!
okay tranny, see you in 10 years, I'll still be using C++ and you will still be coping about it

Common Lisp is kind of ugly, but it has all the features you could ask for. It's a shame it's hard to deploy.

>muh deployment
replace apt install npm with apt install sbcl (you clearly don't use gentoo), you successfully deployed your shitty lisp app

And how Go accomplishes that better than Java?

>it's waning in popularity.
Objectively false, both Stack Overflow and GitHub status proves you wrong.

by not being a dead language
I haven't mentioned java even once by the way.

Honestly just pick something and go for it.
If you encounter problems, its a learning experience, and you know what not do next time.
The more you brogram, the more you get a feel for what the right approach for the job is.
Also when youre on a team at a real job you can ask a senior dev what he thinks if youre really not sure.

>Common Lisp is kind of ugly
As a non-programmer (as of right now) I actually prefer how Lisp looks compared to other languages I have seen snippets for.
>It's a shame it's hard to deploy.
What do you mean?

Javashit is not Java?
Blame yourself for that one.