/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Note: This general is hijacked often, fake troll threads link to anti-windows rantings or shill random software, report and ignore them.
Use the feedback form: 4channel.org/feedback

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions.
Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips & tricks that enhance your life with Windows.

Remember: Notice the friendly - please be civil when possible.

>Paste
rentry.org/fwt

>Installing Windows for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

FAQ:
>Where can I get the ISOs?
>How do I activate?
>Can I change editions after install?
>Where do I get Office?
read the paste: rentry.org/fwt
>Which version should I get?
Anything except Home/Pro.

>How do I debloat Windows 10 or 11?
Offline (pre-install): rentry.org/mdl-optimize-guide
Online (live install): privatezilla / thisiswin11 (and dont mindlessly tick everything)
Don't mix offline & online tools with each other.

>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.

>Can I upgrade to LTSC 2021?
Only from previous LTSC builds w/o doing the upgrade matrix hack in rentry paste.

>LTSC or LTSC IoT?
Same thing just different licensing and support.
LTSC for corporate PCs/devices with 5 years support (KMS only).
LTSC IoT for consumer devices with 10 years support (HWID only).

>Do I even need LTSC?
All versions of W10 are essentially LTSC now getting mostly security updates as development of new features has shifted focus to W11.
W10 Home/Pro/Edu/Enterprise editions are all EoL in 2025 (2027 for LTSC) whereas IoT LTSC will be supported until 2032.

>I already run Windows 7, but don't want to clean install?
The non-LTSC installers can upgrade.

>Are homebrew ISOs safe (Gen2/Ameliorated)?
No, use only official Microsoft images.

/fwt/ spammer aka staxshill filter (4chanX): pastebin.com/F0Trfkfq (embed) (embed)

Previous thread:

Attached: Windows 10 chan3.jpg (1024x576, 73.83K)

is this the lewd windows chan image you found? lol

If you haven't figured out I was baiting you to keep spamming, you're retarded.

Attached: 1499099371961.png (657x527, 157.14K)

I was waiting for the lewd windows chan image :(

this makes your windows install comfy

Attached: Group_Policy_Editor_GPEdit_Windows[1].png (579x360, 10.47K)

Asking again.
What are the best debloat tools for 10 in 2022? Most of them seem outdated.

Also, what are the basic steps you'd recommend after a fresh 10 install?

Attached: 1641724804794.png (1067x829, 1.79M)

Group policy editor or registry editor, just disable all the bloat.

Kills Cortana

Attached: disable-cortana-windows-10-group-policy-1024x500[1].png (1024x500, 113.22K)

Checked and look man. I stopped palying video games and come here to get people to seethe at me. I was an expert level video game hacker. I spent my limited time on this earth making tools just so people would complain about me and acknowledge my presencse. I've seen this 5 times already. If you guys ignored me, I would just leave. But you can't. I'm THAT GOOD! I can tell you what I'm doing and you'll still do it anyway. Yeah I'm litearlly fucking with a bunch of 80 IQ dumb anime low-IQ retards. But I'm tired of ban evading on reddit to debate atheists with my 140IQ and just want easy targets like in video games.

I can't believe you guys are THIS retarded to keep letting me manipulate you.

I am here to harass you at ever turn.

Attached: notfrens.jpg (620x703, 50.38K)

not available here :(

Attached: 1626960461991.png (776x436, 62.97K)

Rip, you probably need the professional version of windows 10, or some other issue.

Just gonna post this again as a brag. I have been doing this for LITERALLY FUCKING 20 YEARS DUDE! You are no match for me. If all you niggers left and stopped giving me attention and only real people who showed up to the thread for genuine help, then it would just be a circlejerk and I'd probably leave. I'm only giving out my literally million dollar advice to random people as a brag just to flex on you guys. Companies have paid me 7 figures for my advice. Yet I'm doing it for free like the jannies. Ask your selff. Why would he do that? Why? What's his ulterior motive? Could it be he really doesn't care about helping people and just wants to flex on me? No, he's just such a good person at heart he really wants to help people. A self-admitted troll wants to help people. Totally not an asshole.

Attached: file.png (619x101, 17.57K)

nakadashi

This makes my job easier

Attached: file.png (281x179, 8.78K)

Gonna fucking brag again, because I'm just that good and already torched this IP and the jannies are coming any second.

Attached: file.png (1046x359, 85.16K)

I think Neptune would be a better Windows mascot.

Attached: Choujigen7.jpg (682x718, 122.01K)

Opinion discarded. Since I fucking run this show, it's Windows chan from now on.

She is purple, Windows 10 and 11 focus on white and pastel blues, even white heart would fit better than nep

Superdey-duper brag time. I know, you'/re just so tired of me bragging, but do you know how I learned you guys would be baited by lewd? Some dumb anime nigger posted windows chan being molested and you guys called it lewd. Hmmmm interesting. Maybe they like lewd things? Stop telling me what you guys like or else I'm going to abuse it at every turn.

>mom I replied three times why isn't he saying anything? will he say something if I reply again?
>...
>haha look mom he said something omg I am so special I baited him haha

she was cancelled in the 90s, deal with it

It appears my existence has lead to controversy YET AGAIN! I said I was baiting, and did multiple replies to get someone to seethe, and yet someone just seethed about it. I am literally the fucking best.

Attached: hacker man.jpg (480x480, 51.34K)