Why can't we use steam machines again?

why can't we use steam machines again?

Attached: axelbueckert180800019.jpg (300x450, 12.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zEuib3_x5i4
youtu.be/zHqnegq1znA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OS was abandoned
Current one is okay but unoptimized for the most part
Windows is free

no nigger, talking about boiling water.

"We" as in power companies/coops still do.
It's incredibly dangerous to boot.
Modern hydraulics perform the same task more efficiently without the risk of explosion.
You might consider the cooling system on your car as a steam machine, kept right around 100c but under pressure so it doesn't actually boil unless it's otherwise fucked up.

>boiling water is incredibely dangerous

Attached: download.jfif.jpg (203x249, 6.5K)

A gas at 3-4000 psi is.

Attached: 1556406533626.png (980x553, 716.29K)

talking about 18 fucking century steam motors.

Attached: download 2.jfif.jpg (275x183, 6.77K)

It's much easier to connect 3 wires and get an electric motor spinning at 2krpm than it is to load wood/coal into a furnace all day for maybe a couple hundred.
Nobody is stopping you from blowing yourself up user. Be neat to see a steam powered Bridgeport mill.
Feel like moving the goalposts again?

Attached: 1635152074062.jpg (1692x2540, 236.11K)

we can literally microwave water in seconds today/

i play games on steam

Converting electrical energy into heat then heat into rotational energy isn't efficient as an induction motor. If it's fluid pressure you're after then you'd use a gear pump in conjunction with either an electric motor or combustion engine.
Newer technology is better than old is pretty much the theme for humans. At least until the internet somehow caused everyone to forget that.

Attached: 1613778464221.jpg (640x483, 24.3K)

steam power is cool but it's less space efficient than electricity.

>old bad, new good
and this is why perfectly good tech is dropped and now microwaves have to be connected to the internet to be used.

kys

What a weak troll thread. I never said it was bad, just not as efficient. If you bought an iot microwave that's on you zoomzoom.

Attached: 1579034482945.jpg (1080x1080, 425.19K)

>efficiency good
so what if the most efficient way would be for your wife to fuck black dudes?

I just spent an hour autisticly replying to your obvious bait. You really think I have a wife?
>BBC lives rent free in zoomers head
Imagine my shock

Attached: 1592652067416.jpg (268x265, 14.13K)

efficiency is not the only factor.

being cheap to make, to mantain and easy to use are even more important factors.

youtube.com/watch?v=zEuib3_x5i4

I was rolling that into efficiency to prevent writing an entire book. More uptime, less maintenance cost & labor hours = higher profitability. OP equates merging a smartphone with a microwave to replacing a prime mover in heavy industry.
I'm a mechanic/welder with a comp sci degree, I fuck with just about everything.

Attached: 1567033827127.png (500x468, 106.13K)

labour is cheaper than capital in some places.

We use steam turbines to produce electricity user.

I also lived for a year in a German city where they used steam pipes for heat. The heat came from the local diesel power station. It was often more expensive than electric heating, but depending on your type of housing you could be forced to pay for it by law anyway.

We don’t use steam engines for transportation anymore (with a few exceptions like some old ships, nuclear vessels etc) mostly because it’s bulky and less flexible/efficient/performing as gas turbines/diesel and diesel electric/electric engines.

And anyway in most cases you’d need a burner of some sort, wasting energy in the process. AFAIK no external combustion engine can rival with the Diesel in terms of efficiency.

Attached: fernwaerme-funktionsweise_pic_1280.jpg (1280x720, 67.33K)

Very true, pic related is why you can find misc specialty shops in underdeveloped shitholes rewinding rotors and stators whereas we scrap and buy new in first world countries.

I enjoyed skimming through this video a few days ago
youtu.be/zHqnegq1znA
These kinds of repairs are almost a lost art here in the states, you'll be hard pressed to find a machinist capable of such since gen x is at retirement age. Even then he's still using 20th century tech to do it.

Attached: HTB11a1Xa6uhSKJjSspa5jXFgFXaW.gif (400x224, 1.98M)