/jrg/ - Job Rant General

how you holding up Any Forums?

Attached: file.png (1125x750, 967.85K)

I need to find a job. How to go about this

< 110k full stack outside of DC. Gonna get a promotion soon but probably still gonna be underpaid as fuck. Debating quitting to just take some time off and look for a new job. Advise me anons.

> 23 year old
> only American backend dev in the org
> contractor pajeets don’t do shit, takes days to change a table column
> only been at the company for 3 months, already taking on senior dev role
> On-call next week
At least my job is safe, r-right?

Attached: D8314069-6E26-43B9-ABF7-056AD914A014.png (568x548, 104.93K)

Good luck. Get used to on-call, but also watch your sleep and make sure you get enough.
If you start doing bedtime revenge procrastination, you're gonna burn out and fuck your life up.

how do i get recruiters to spam me on linkedin? not even looking right now but i filled out everything and havent got a single recruiter msg. wtf

Fake and gay
Learn the greater than sign user

You have experience? If you have 2-3 yrs with a modern tech stack they should be hitting you pretty regularly.

I meant that as in I make less than that. Not trying to green text you moronic newfag.

Im an EE in the power industry.
3 years experience and I'm pulling in just about 6 figs.
But all of the union screw turners around me make tens of thousands more.
I'm thinking of crossing over, and just being an electrician that knows differential equations, circuit modeling, and coding.

only 1 yoe but i figure a recruiter should have messaged me by now. its weird

Must be good to livin' to that money user.

sick and tired of all my boomer bosses not responding to teams and waiting until the last possible second to drop work on my plate. Every single Friday for the last month has been a nightmare trying to get out shit at the very last min

Are you remote? If you are just half ass your job and apply / interview prep during work hours. I did that starting mid January and accepted an offer 2 weeks ago. For a little break I told the new job I needed a month before I could start, then I gave my old job 2 weeks notice so I get 2 weeks to relax.

If you're not remote, I'd still say stick around until you get a new job, unless you have some reserves you're willing to dig into.

The market is hot right now so it's a perfect time to look. I went from making 80k to 140k with 10% bonus with about 2.5 years experience. I had been offered another job with same base and bonus, but 25k stock which I turned down because I could tell they were going to expect long hours from me. No thanks.

I hate cisco and every product they've put on this planet

Attached: 1625478280943.jpg (651x655, 27.58K)

What technologies are you advertising on your profile? From experience, Go and k8s have been getting me noticed.

Stroke?

Junior dev got a degree in Chem E 2 years ago, worked a job I hated for 6 months right out of college then quit when I started to seriously consider killing myself. Took time off and got into coding now I've been at a new place for 5 months. Our code is shit and we are starting on call rotations tomorrow. I'm starting to think that good jobs and good things in life in general are a lie. Fuckin hate this shit and it will probably never be better.

How many generals are you people gonna make?

Gave up so long ago i don't even remember what inheritance is. At least i have a piece of paper that gives me good boy points

Attached: 1647666008131.jpg (740x443, 52.64K)

The place is a dumpster fire but shit I'm bringing up gets fixed by the higher-ups pretty much immediately.

This feels fucking weird, I'm stuck halfway between paranoia of getting fired at any minute and just not giving a fuck and shaking the place up even harder.

2nd year in the US and not gonna lie… not really good

I'm on vacation after switching teams at work. My new team pair programs everything. It's fucking gay AF

these threads are far above the board average

Got laid off almost a year ago. Been a neet since. I suppose I could go back to school but who knows.

sold another car today, made about a grand
feels comfy, nice couple who got the payment, car, and term they asked for
had to unplug a printer to clear the queue, which is about the extent of my technical engagement at work. I'll reinstall linux on my laptop tomorrow. man I love hobbyism