All a fucking nuclear reactor does is boil water

>all a fucking nuclear reactor does is boil water
we have no fucking idea how to properly extract energy from radioactive material, do we?

Attached: 2B_3a163a2c8cbecda0c39e04e3d25bef64.jpg (598x429, 124.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

big-lies.org/modern-physics-a-fraud/index.html#bomb
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumped-storage_hydroelectricity
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sir, this is a GNU board, go to

>What is an Radioisotope thermoelectric generator

Attached: chernobyl_memes_53.png (740x704, 425.53K)

CRT TV exist.

/thread

ukrainians are too stupid to farm

>he doesn't know 90% of energy comes from using heat to boil water to turn large water turbines connected to generators

We have it. It is currently stupidly inefficient. Steam has better efficiency.

everyone here is a retard and jerks themselves off to memorizing wiki pages
go to for actual discussion

nuclear power is a hoax
big-lies.org/modern-physics-a-fraud/index.html#bomb
>the absurd fact is that they use steam turbines! This is a technology Faraday would have recognised, and moreover not a very good one, since more than three quarters of the energy is wasted in transmission and other losses.

the sad thing is you can generate infinite free energy using just magnets but everyone that does gets killed

filtered by 4th grade

Boiling water is a great way to do it. We have thermoelectric junctions and similar but it's all less efficient than boiling water and making it spin shit attached to generators.

Do it privately then, what stops you? Oh wait, because nobody managed to do it.

It's the best way to do it. Shut up.

Heat is energy numbnuts

What do you think oil and coal plants do? The exact same thing.
Hydro electric is just turning the turbines without needing to boil.
Even some forms of solar (the kind that reflect light to a boiler) do the same shit.

No retard, this belongs in

Attached: I_like_snow.gif (175x232, 1.07M)

retard here why do we use water instead of liquids with lower boiling points if we just care about the gas released to turn turbines

Almost all forms of energy extraction are boiling water, yes. I think wind farms and solar panels aren't, although you've got those solar towers in spain that do just boil water but those don't use solar panels.

Attached: 9xodzegibfxy.jpg (1969x1258, 737.08K)

Guessing it's just because it's much easier to source. You need an awful lot of it.

I did.
But if I was to tell others that I did it, I would get called a liar or a schizo
And if I proved it to others and showed them how to do it, I'd get murdered.

Give a link to the manual then.

There are reactors that use other liquids for primary coolant, for example MSRs. However, ultimately they end up boiling water via heat exchangers. In fact, even on reactors that use water for cooling the reactor itself, they often use heat exchangers to separate that water from the water that runs the turbines. The idea is to avoid having to worry about radioactive shit in your turbine loops.

Most forms of energy extraction involve spinning a turbine. What's the most efficient way to turn heat into spinning a turbine? Put water under the turbine and let the steam push it. Wind doesn't need steam because the wind turns the turbine. Solar panels are the weird ones because photovoltaics already generate current. But what's the best way to store excess energy from those solar panels? Water, naturally.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumped-storage_hydroelectricity
(although this time it's not using steam)