Fuck this shit...

Fuck this shit. I'm forced to write Java code in my CS curriculum and that's the most soulless and boring language there is. I'm also writing C# at my job and man it's much more pleasant.
FUCK
JAVA

Attached: java_logo_640.jpg (1400x1050, 48.46K)

It's the same shit retard

Boring is good for learning. If you used a difficult language you wouldn't have any time to learn.

C# is what happens to Java when Oracle didn't buy Microsoft but GitHub and then release the open source software code. Be garteful.

do you live in new zealand? what the...

I'm a Java brogrammer and freely admit C# is the better lang.

Java isn't bad as long as your school/company allows you to use streams/lambdas. Otherwise its shit

Really it is not. Java lacks a lot of the synaptic sugar that C# has. In-addition, there are many other features that C# has but Java lacks.
things that C# has
>unsafe (ability to directly use pointers)
>properties
>decent frameworks for GUI
>string interpolation
>multidimensional arrays (java only has array of arrays)
>structs
>LINQ
>var
>dynamic
>EntityModelFramework
>unsigned
>delegates

I am a C# developer and I honestly enjoyed it more when I did Java on 1.5 level.

>synaptic sugar
Not only did you use a retard buzzword, you spelled it wrong.

Java is just fine for GUIs. The bunch of good IDEs written in Java are proof enough.

>what is the Unsafe class
>what are records
>what is Spring, Swing, Javalin, JavaFX, SWT, etc
>what is string formatting
>what is an array
>what is JIT optimizing compiler
>what are streams
>what is var
>what is method.invoke
>what is ORM
>what are bytes
>what is a method reference

I write c# at work and I like the language. I don't know Java very well, but the GUI situation is better if you care about cross platform. If you only want it to run on Windows, then fine, but otherwise you're stuck using new and under developed frameworks. Avalonia, for example, is based, but needs more time.

So, quick question.
I have been writing C since 1988, C++ since 1992. C++ has gotten to be some bloated fucktard of a cuntstain language, so I just write C coded lol. Anyway, was tempted to migrate to C# and embrace the new world, what will my transition be like?

>what is JIT optimizing compiler
That's not a proper response here. The JIT won't make your heap objects stored on the stack.

> transition
Wouldn't you prefer Rust if you want to join the 41%?

The JVM is smart enough to inline leaves and optimize small objects to be stored on the stack.

>did someone say Java?
>um ackshually...

Attached: neckbeardicus.jpg (244x206, 5.58K)

OMG I am turning into a tranny?
HALP
Rust is meh, Torvalds is only allowing it into the kernel cos he's getting reamed by the trans brigade, and fuck Golang too.

Java is soulless so you're game isn't.

G O O D E V E N I N G S I R
D O T H E N E E D F U L T H I N G S I R
B E C O M E D U R G A S O F T S O L D I E R S I R

Just use kotlin, it's compatible with Java