Managed to fix my low gpu usage problem

>managed to fix my low gpu usage problem
>suddently realise that my cpu usage is below 10%, sometimes gets barely over 17% if a game has a shit ton of objects around

when will the ride end anons?

the cpu is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU copied straight from the control panel

what can i do? or will you faggots tell me that it means its working tm?

gpu works fine now, gets to around 90 to 100 percent utilization

Attached: 821727671891.jpg (1722x1722, 539.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b4uvyj_lJuo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>control panel
That's just windows working as it intended. Other operating systems don't have any issues using your hardware to its fullest.

you know not all games make full usage of your gpu right?

how is this shit video game related? it is hardware related and i did not mention video games even once

user, i meant i copied the name from the control panel...

yeah but when the usage is 30% on a demanding game its not normal

oh kek my bad i did once

still its low usage in general, and it is hardware related not game related

my bad

>or will you faggots tell me that it means its working tm
It's working tm. CPU usage is divided by thread count. 10% on a 16 thread CPU means more than one core is being fully utilized.

one core out of 8 on witcher 3 on 2k doesnt seem like its working tm user

but who knows, i might be wrong

If your GPU is bottlenecking the game the CPU doesn't have that much to do. Perfectly normal unless you have something like an RTX 3080/RX 6800 XT or you're playing on low settings.
youtube.com/watch?v=b4uvyj_lJuo

Sounds normal, only in a highly optimized game would CPU and GPU usage both be fully utilized. Unfortunately, games are coded like garbage so it's only going to be either GPU or CPU that gets pegged at max utilization while the other is held back by the bottleneck. 100% GPU and 10-15% CPU sounds normal, in fact your GPU is struggling to keep up with your CPU. I suspect you're using an entry level GPU.

2060 from nvidia, base model

i plan on changing my build in a few months but for now im stuck with it

so its normal?

>2060
Yes, it's normal, at least on Witcher 3.

Yeah, a 2060@1440P on Witcher 3 pegging the GPU while leaving the rest of the CPU underutilized sounds normal, especially a game that old with a CPU that is new with an entry level GPU. Don't stress about it too much.

fippy bippy
kill yourself manchild

fuck

so thats what you get for being cheap...

if you had to choose between 1080p high and 1440p medium which one would you choose anons?

anything i can do to max performance? i already did your usual tweaking but im wondering if there is something more to do

Attached: 1771723321.jpg (216x233, 7.31K)

Why do you care so much about the usage numbers? If it works it works. Having 10% usage on some bloated garbage single-threaded game engine is normal.
>1080p high and 1440p medium
Depends on your monitor. 1080p on a 1440p monitor will look worse than 1080p on a 1080p monitor.

4k tv connected using a hdmi cable

its like, pretty fucking big user and 1080p kills my eyes

whatever your monitor's native resolution is pushing whatever settings achieve a playable framerate. There is a texturing advantage of higher resolutions even at medium settings and there also blurriness introduced when upscaling 1080p high up to 1440p so you're better off with 1440p medium if you're using a 1440p monitor

yeah, upscaling 1080p to a 4k TV is a big yikes. Take that from someone who is currently forced to upscale 720 to 1440 because my laptop's igpu can't 1440. 1080p to 4k is a blurry mess I'm sure, I understand.

ok anons, 1440p it is then...

completly unrelated but might as well ask:

im using the tv speakers connected thru a hdmi cable and every time i enter a full screen the audio cuts for a few seconds and then comes back again once the application loaded

is there anything i can do other than buy seperate speakers? my ocd is torturing me

thanks for all of your help anons

Its completely normal if your GPU is at 100%. That means your GPU is bottlenecking it. Essentially that means you could be using a shittier CPU than you have now and get the same performance. You'd need to have a better GPU at this point for CPU performance to matter