With the line blurring between Windows and Linux ( Cygwin, Wubi, etc... ), does it still make sense to coreboot...

With the line blurring between Windows and Linux ( Cygwin, Wubi, etc... ), does it still make sense to coreboot? Looks like the future is Windows+Linux, users don't want to be limited into a specific os. I think Windows really had the best approach here to allow users this kind of freedom.

Attached: 927w6252.png (650x372, 76.98K)

Linux+KDE is already Windows but better

>I think Windows really had the best approach here to allow users this kind of freedom.
or you can just use linux and mingw, instead of having to install retarded virtual machines like wsl to cope with windoze's terrible development environment

I think it's better the other way around. Better have
>a sturdy and stable OS that is universally compatible with any software/hardware in the world
> + Linux
than the other way round

wsl is just a cope because windows isn't posix compliant or unix tradition. if you want to be as "cross platform" and least restricted as possible, stick to posix compliance and highly compatible free software. then you can be sure that its easy to port yourself to either macos or linux since both are posix and support a lot of the same userland software, and windows users can cope with their slow wsl.

>a sturdy and stable OS that is universally compatible with any software/hardware in the world
windows 11 says that my 4 year old cpu is not supported. meanwhile, my trident 9750 works just fine on linux. what kind of fantasy are you in?

Just use Windows 7.

As I said, the lines are blurring and in the future you won't even think of the OS you are using, Windows has made possible to use Linux or itself interchangeably in a very comfortable fashion. So yeah, I don't understand exactly what you're babbling about but this is soon to be an ancient language

>oh no I can't run my epic antique contrarian hardware!!
Apologies I thought we were trying to be serious here

>>oh no I can't run my epic antique contrarian hardware!!
you're defending an operating system that cant run 4 year old hardware VS one that can run hardware dating back to 1990

>windows
>sturdy and stable
kek

GOOD MORNING SIRS! REMEMBER TO DO THE NEEDFUL AND INSTALL WSL!

>contrarian hardware
based retard

based

>the lines are blurring and in the future you won't even think of the OS you are using
posix did it first retard and we've had vms and such forever. windows wasn't the first here and wsl is a poor attempt at trying to expose a not shitty OS that causes programmers to flock to macOS and linux. i don't know why you are so intent on sticking with shitty ass windows. just use linux or if you want good stability use macOS.

The freedom to use non-free software is a different freedom to using the software

>users don't want to be limited into a specific os

Attached: 1501389520512.png (1280x720, 348.26K)

>look how many meal.options there are in my jail

One of the reasons I'm using Linux is because it's not Windows.

which is why the vast majority of servers and HPC applications run Windows.
Oh wait.

this has always been an extremely retarded take. a linux set up for a server isn't the same as linux set up for a personal desktop. servers don't have to run a whole DE and a bunch of other shit. Its this other shit that is notorious for being ugly, nonfunctional, and prone to crashing.

>this kind of freedom
A set of choices isn't freedom, user.

lol either lacking security patches or pirating them, or even worse, paying for them lmao

an entire hospital got taken down in the UK because they were running Windows 7 with no updates, ransomware.

maybe your NEET ass isn't a target, but your ass is vulnerable.