Should i install xubuntu or are there some actual good alternatives for a semi old laptop?

should i install xubuntu or are there some actual good alternatives for a semi old laptop?
i don't want it to look like poop or work like a lazy ass

Attached: xubuntu.jpg (364x364, 13.5K)

install windows 7

yes
ubuntu, kubuntu, mint
don't fall for the xfeces meme

unironically netinstall debian or alternatively just use arch

it kinda sucks, and all the default shit sucks.

debian mate

mint xfce

If you have the mental fortitude to get through a Devuan install you should. Linux/GNU without systemd has great performance.

its good enough

Debian MATE or Mint MATE are a good choice. I would go with the latter.

Dude, just let XFCE die already. MATE exists and makes XFCE completely irrelevant both in RAM use and overall convenience and looks. XFCE DE also has grave issues where it loves to shove runtime desktop components into swap on systems with

mate is shit, and you will drop dead before xfce does, now fuck off

Mint, Fedora, elementary and even manjaro are better than Ubuntu as lightweight noob friendly distros imo, alternatively if you're moderately experienced in the linux arts use Debian, if experienced go for Arch or possibly gentoo if you have time and your old laptop still has some power left in it.

Arch with any somewhat lighweight desktop environment. Xfce isn't much lighter than the much more feature-rich plasma these days, so you might as well use that. Distros don't matter anyway, just pick whatever ships the latest version of the software you need.

Ubuntu MATE, xfce is shit

>mental fortitude to get through a Devuan install
Write install media, boot from it, follow normal debian installation steps, done. They have pretty sane defaults, so it doesn't take much work beyond that to get up and running.

t. installed it recently on some dual core HP shitbook. Everything Just Werked(tm) out of the box.

Listen most linux distros are fine but i cant recommend literally ANY Canonical product. Ubuntu and is flavors is unironicallly not a good distro anymore. From its forcing of snap to package manager and desktop enviornment issues. Use literally any other modern distro, mint fedora, debian, arch etc

Ubuntu based distros do not try either

>muh sysvinit
>muh minimalism

Antix is your best bet if less than 2gb RAM.

I use xfce on i7 10700k/32gb/1070ti

I just like it

Lubuntu but wait for the 22.04 release
Seethe
Debian is ancient garbage
Schizo memes
Mate blows, wow yeah i would much rather use gnome 2 than xfce
Arch is a toy distro for hipsters and people who unironically use the word normalfag.
>Don't uae canonical
Recommends a distro downstream of ubuntu, unmaintained hipster garage, and a distro with ancient pakages that people with autism use because they cant handle any menus or programs changing in any way

any distro with mate or xfce should be fine, but i think both ubuntu spins have the best experience out of the box